Should we have signed Ndamukung Suh?

Einstein

52 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

As playoff bow-outs pile up, the Beane hype withers, whether it's his drafting or pro player personnel signings. You take away drafting Allen, trading for Diggs, and going into cap purgatory to sign Miller, and he appears all hat and no cattle. He had no answers, or accountability at his last presser. He and McDermott seem unwilling to make the hard, necessary changes, andI think the loveliest for them is over.

I know. So many other GMs put together 3 loss seasons against the league's toughest schedule. It's so easy.

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is wreaking havoc in this NFC Championship game. 

Eagles signed him in November for only $750k + bonuses/incentives. 

Given our injuries and lack of push by the d-line, do you wish we pursued him?

No… take a look at Philly’s defensive line.  It’s among one of the deepest in the NFL.  Suh gets the chance to play sparingly while taking advantage of matchups situationally.  He wouldn’t have that in Buffalo - especially with Miller and Jones not active 

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

No… take a look at Philly’s defensive line.  It’s among one of the deepest in the NFL.  Suh gets the chance to play sparingly while taking advantage of matchups situationally.  He wouldn’t have that in Buffalo - especially with Miller and Jones not active 

Suh plays about 30-40% of the snaps. Which is about the same as our D-line rotation pre-injury. Settle plays about 30% of the snaps too.

suh.png

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Suh plays about 30-40% of the snaps. Which is about the same as our D-line rotation pre-injury. Settle plays about 30% of the snaps too.

suh.png

Yep, with our D-Line rotation, he fits right in.  Instead of paying Ed $10M to underperform we could be paying guys like that.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I know. So many other GMs put together 3 loss seasons against the league's toughest schedule. It's so easy.

We are beyond three loss seasons as a metric for success. They mean nothing if you can't win the big one, especially given the Bills ignominious playoff exit the last two seasons, Thurm!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

He did think of it.  He signed DaQuan Jones, who is the same kind of player.   He was super productive and brought a physical presence in the middle we haven't seen in 20 years.   So what is the issue again?  

Who said there is an issue? Its just a discussion. 

But yeah, Settle was a nice signing, but he is not as good as Suh. And having both would have been nice, wouldnt it? Especially with Suh being so cheap?

Settle (here entire season): 2 QB hits, 1 sack, obviously a space eater too

Suh (signed in late November): 2 QB hits, 1 sack, obviously a space eater too

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is wreaking havoc in this NFC Championship game. 

Eagles signed him in November for only $750k + bonuses/incentives. 

Given our injuries and lack of push by the d-line, do you wish we pursued him?

I love this guy and anyone like him.

My DL would be filled with guys like this, if I could find them.

As I've said before, my DL would be made up of HUGE bodies who can't be moved, at least on the interior.

Tell them "don't get moved" and that's it!  Everyone else can work around that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.