A QB and Coaching thought exercise

Chaos

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's a valid question. If the premise offends you there's no obligation to participate.

It is a valid question. It wasn't the question I was objecting to. 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My take on it is that Ben Johnson looks like the NFL's next offensive genius, on the same level as Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan. I believe he will get his shot as a head coach after this coming season. If we have a similar disappointing playoff result next year I would not be shy about moving on from this regime and get the upstart young offensive genius in the building. Allen will be entering his age 28 season in 2024 so there is plenty of time for an offensive minded coach to get him a Super Bowl. The clock is ticking on Allen's career. If this regime can't even sniff a Super Bowl appearance after 4 years of elite QB play that is reason enough to move on IMO.

Same. If Ben Johnson backs it up in 2023 and the Bills do not fix their issues that is where I would be interested in looking. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a valid question. It wasn't the question I was objecting to. 

Same. If Ben Johnson backs it up in 2023 and the Bills do not fix their issues that is where I would be interested in looking. 

I get that. It's a rough subject. The rationale is always going to be messy.

52 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I don't think that Allen's going to be running the way he does in ten years, not even close.  I'll give him five, six tops of that.  Keep in mind too that because he has to do everything, he's a lot more likely to get injured.  He suffered one this year, due more to crap OL play, but still, we're lucky, he's lucky, that it hasn't been a knee or shoulder.  

The window for the ultra athletic running version of Josh is 5 years. The pocket passer version should be good till 35/36ish.  And if these coaches refuse to get him OL help, those numbers all decrease. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The window for the ultra athletic running version of Josh is 5 years. The pocket passer version should be good till 35/36ish.  And if these coaches refuse to get him OL help, those numbers all decrease. 

AND, we'll be incredibly lucky if he doesn't sustain a serious injury behind this OL and until they get it corrected.  It's so bad, and with Morse a week to week proposition at this point, it's hardly a one offseason project, particularly with sparse resources.  

Beane has relied upon the NFL's bargain basement of 1-2 year low-end free-agent signees.  Now he's having to deal with his negligence.  

Should be interesting to say the least.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.