Mt. Rushmore of 90s Bands

BillsPride12

58 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This thread should be renamed "The Thread for Closet Goo Goo Dolls Fans to Briefly Come Out of Hiding"

Come on in. We're all friends here. It's okay. Just get it out of your system.

I’m fine with admitting to being a fan of their old stuff. I also get its not everyone’s taste. I will say, you don’t need to be a fan to admit that Iris was a huge hit though. Everyone knows the song, and that’s a huge accomplishment. I think it will have staying power. I don’t think anyone here is a Village People fan, but we’d still admit they have some tunes with staying power. 

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

It's not like I dropped off the planet the moment 2000 struck.  Some of that list I know and others I'll check out- thank you.  That said, as we came into the 2000's, something went missing ... from bands like The Strokes (see Pavement), The Killers (see The Kills) and Black Keys (see Frustrated Incorporated) it just started feeling so rote. 

I mean if you want to play that game we can do so all the way back to Chuck Berry and Big Joe Turner. It's not like grunge came out of nowhere. 

6 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m fine with admitting to being a fan of their old stuff. I also get its not everyone’s taste. I will say, you don’t need to be a fan to admit that Iris was a huge hit though. Everyone knows the song, and that’s a huge accomplishment. I think it will have staying power. I don’t think anyone here is a Village People fan, but we’d still admit they have some tunes with staying power. 

Yes, of course. But those didn't make the Village People more universally known than the actual great bands of that era. GGD would never surpass Soundgarden, except in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

On the topic of good rock music still being made: this is one of Rick Beato's recent videos going through some of the Spotify top rock tracks from this year. Admittedly one is actually from 2003 lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.