Footing Yesterday

since79

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

at least now we know who will be the sacrificial lamb , for this lambasting by Cinci !

The equipment guy did it in the locker room with a short cleat 

Beasley anyone ?

Beasleys not bad… The problem is you’re talking about a player on the plus side of 31 

He’s probably healthy since he hasn’t played all year… But he’s also not the player he was four years ago 

Add to the fact Dorsey has been running a college level offense all year and defenses adjusted 6 weeks ago and he hasn’t … well it’s no wonder the bills WRs are having trouble separating 

• Agree 1

I noticed issues with footing but I thought the issue was not the bengals had better footing rather they gameplanned for it.  

1.  The bills sat in zone where you have to read and react but you cannot with poor footing.  Have to play more man.  Eventually they did but they were down 14-0.  Damage was done. 

2.  A couple run plays early were east west rather than quick hitters in the middle.  Generally they ran it too infrequently. 

the problem was gameplan not footing….they made the footing a disadvantage by not adjusting to it.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Beasleys not bad… The problem is you’re talking about a player on the plus side of 31 

He’s probably healthy since he hasn’t played all year… But he’s also not the player he was four years ago 

Add to the fact Dorsey has been running a college level offense all year and defenses adjusted 6 weeks ago and he hasn’t … well it’s no wonder the bills WRs are having trouble separating 

Beasley should have been used more against Cinci, instead of the deep shots. Sure hands and he was getting open much like the old days.
Moving forward , naw probably not.
 That is more my critique of Dorsey and perhaps Allen game calling.
I think we are agreed actually here  :)

21 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I noticed issues with footing but I thought the issue was not the bengals had better footing rather they gameplanned for it.  

1.  The bills sat in zone where you have to read and react but you cannot with poor footing.  Have to play more man.  Eventually they did but they were down 14-0.  Damage was done. 

2.  A couple run plays early were east west rather than quick hitters in the middle.  Generally they ran it too infrequently. 

the problem was gameplan not footing….they made the footing a disadvantage by not adjusting to it.  

It might be semantics. But yes. For whatever reason they could not gain any traction at times. Conceptually and actually.

23 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

100% this was yet another example of McD, Dorsey and Frazier not having any contingency plan in place. It should have been obvious after the first Bengals possession that footing on the field was a problem. It was quite evident even watching on TV so Frazier should have been able to not just see it but test out what he had seen by walking on the field. Dorsey is up in the booth so perhaps a spotter on the field might have made that aware to him. McD no excuse. It was obvious the field was slick and players were having issues. He could have easily spoken with Frazier and changed things up and started playing closer to the line of scrimmage or man coverage. It also seemed like our pass rushers werent getting much burst or maneuverability. Once again McD has to change it up with Frazier in game. In short each coach should have adjusted to the weather and to what the Bengals were doing and they failed utterly. They were literally deer in the headlights or in another appropriate analogy, the Bills were like flies trying in vain to get through a screen door. Trying hard but due to poor strategy, repeatedly failing and wasting their efforts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.