Downtown Buf watch parties ?????

BillnutinHouston

I've seen YouTube videos of setups, possibly in the Allentown or Elmwood areas, of local bars & restaurants collaborating to create outdoor watch areas for big games.

Can anyone tell me where these are held, and what the experience is like, and any contact info if available?  What are the cover charges?  Thinking of trying it for the AFC Champ game and/or the Super Bowl if we get that far.

Side note - I was checking out AirBNBs in Buffalo for Super Bowl week, and the prices are insane - as in, inflated by 5X normal prices.

Thanks!

For some games, they close Chippewa St between Franklin and Delaware and set up Jumbotron-type TVs in the street, tables, etc. I would imagine they would do the same for the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-block-party-on-chippewa-returns-for-third-season

$10 cover, $20 for VIP. The above is just a general article from the Bills. 

The bar that sponsors the events: https://recroombuffalo.com/

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Downtown Buf watch parties ?????
On 12/30/2022 at 1:30 PM, Wacka said:

Just go to any neighborhood and say you are looking for s DuperBowl party. Someone will invite you in. After SB XXV  we were driving home  and the roads were packed like it was  rush hour.

I think XIX was the Duper Bowl.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:30 PM, Wacka said:

Just go to any neighborhood and say you are looking for s DuperBowl party. Someone will invite you in. After SB XXV  we were driving home  and the roads were packed like it was  rush hour.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a DUI checkpoint turned out to be very active!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.