Sinema switches to independent, shaking up the Senate

ALF

19 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Oh, Leh-nerd…my political archnemesis. A Jungian psychologist might postulate that we are each other’s shadow. An American sociologist might surmise that we are but two quixotic flavors in a de Tocquevillian political medley. A Muppy-ologist might deduce that we are both often overly verbose internet weirdos who struggle to stay on topic. To the lattermost point, I shall ignore your hurtful Bernie slight and proceed to my Kyrsten Sinema analysis:

She’s certainly a narcissist. She’s probably a sociopath. Her sartorial aesthetic is akin to that of a hired child birthday party clown. And her proclamation of political party independence is an obvious political guise. Hopefully enough Arizonans have figured out by now that Li’l Miss “Independent” is actually quite dependent on her corporate oligarchs’ campaign donations and, therefore, is more interested in making herself and her donors rich rather than looking out for the interests of the average citizen.

Kyrsten is reasonably strategic and knows she’s unlikely to survive a 2024 Democratic primary challenger. Since the Democrats’ constituency momentum continues to shift left toward economic populism, Sinema probably figures that her best bet is to avoid primary season altogether and instead assemble a voting bloc in the general election that consists of hardline neoliberals, centrists, political agnostics, naive independents, and disaffected GOP conservatives.

The Democratic Party in Arizona is well aware of the dangers of splitting the Left’s vote in 2024 when running their own candidate against both an independent Sinema and a GOP candidate. So to that effect, Sinema’s likely aim here is to dissuade the Democrats from even running a challenger to her and thereby risk putting a Stop the Steal advocate, Christian nationalist, Reaganomics libertarian zealot, Ayn Rand Objectivist, American imperialist, anti-vaxxer, Flat Earther, creationist, Moon landing hoaxer, and/or 1970’s Southern rock enthusiast in the U.S. Senate for the GOP.

I don’t know what you heard, Kay, but I only said hi to her in the hallway after class. 

Oh, and…

image.jpeg.88375b3317c3743d5b8fc0a219aacf0b.jpeg

6 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Oh, Leh-nerd…my political archnemesis. A Jungian psychologist might postulate that we are each other’s shadow. An American sociologist might surmise that we are but two quixotic flavors in a de Tocquevillian political medley. A Muppy-ologist might deduce that we are both often overly verbose internet weirdos who struggle to stay on topic. To the lattermost point, I shall ignore your hurtful Bernie slight and proceed to my Kyrsten Sinema analysis:

She’s certainly a narcissist. She’s probably a sociopath. Her sartorial aesthetic is akin to that of a hired child birthday party clown. And her proclamation of political party independence is an obvious political guise. Hopefully enough Arizonans have figured out by now that Li’l Miss “Independent” is actually quite dependent on her corporate oligarchs’ campaign donations and, therefore, is more interested in making herself and her donors rich rather than looking out for the interests of the average citizen.

Kyrsten is reasonably strategic and knows she’s unlikely to survive a 2024 Democratic primary challenger. Since the Democrats’ constituency momentum continues to shift left toward economic populism, Sinema probably figures that her best bet is to avoid primary season altogether and instead assemble a voting bloc in the general election that consists of hardline neoliberals, centrists, political agnostics, naive independents, and disaffected GOP conservatives.

The Democratic Party in Arizona is well aware of the dangers of splitting the Left’s vote in 2024 when running their own candidate against both an independent Sinema and a GOP candidate. So to that effect, Sinema’s likely aim here is to dissuade the Democrats from even running a challenger to her and thereby risk putting a Stop the Steal advocate, Christian nationalist, Reaganomics libertarian zealot, Ayn Rand Objectivist, American imperialist, anti-vaxxer, Flat Earther, creationist, Moon landing hoaxer, and/or 1970’s Southern rock enthusiast in the U.S. Senate for the GOP.

Yikes…that’s sure a lot of words. You know there’s no prize…right? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes…that’s sure a lot of words. You know there’s no prize…right? 

It’s probably no secret I occasionally use 45 words when 6 might cover it. I’ve also generally been a fan of CKAs posts for some time, though it’s tough to find areas where I agree with her.  Over the past couple months, my impression was that her posts became less…infotainment…and more personal at least where I was concerned.  That happens sometimes. 

I appreciate her most recent post on Sinema and the thoughts shared.  It’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I enjoy it as least as much as watching folks who were worried about Trump and authoritarian rule working hard to defend Biden, the DOJ and Twitter for a pretty obvious propaganda campaign to influence the outcome of elections.  

Now, if I’m being honest—and I am being honest, as I read through her thoughts on Jungian psychology and the like, I wanted to scream “Sometimes a fella just wants to be objectified!” but she was rolling.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s probably no secret I occasionally use 45 words when 6 might cover it. I’ve also generally been a fan of CKAs posts for some time, though it’s tough to find areas where I agree with her.  Over the past couple months, my impression was that her posts became less…infotainment…and more personal at least where I was concerned.  That happens sometimes. 

I appreciate her most recent post on Sinema and the thoughts shared.  It’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but I enjoy it as least as much as watching folks who were worried about Trump and authoritarian rule working hard to defend Biden, the DOJ and Twitter for a pretty obvious propaganda campaign to influence the outcome of elections.  

Now, if I’m being honest—and I am being honest, as I read through her thoughts on Jungian psychology and the like, I wanted to scream “Sometimes a fella just wants to be objectified!” but she was rolling.  

Or she could just simple say “it takes a village”. In the end that’s pretty much what all of her collectivist post’s ultimately boil down to. But I have to admit it was a nice Ayn Rand reference…who is John Galt anyway? 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or she could just simple say “it takes a village”. In the end that’s pretty much what all of her collectivist post’s ultimately boil down to. But I have to admit it was a nice Ayn Rand reference…who is John Galt anyway? 

She likes to use fancy words. Must make her feel like she’s better than everyone. You know, like a typical progressive. Self absorbed and full of crap. 

Democrats Learn Zero Lessons After Kyrsten Sinema Leaves the Party

FTA:

The Arizona senator made her announcement with a video and an op-ed explaining her decision to become a registered independent. Adding more intrigue to the situation is the fact that she isn’t committing to caucus with the Democrats, something that could affect committee power-sharing agreements in the next term.

Admittedly, I never thought Sinema would go that far. She’s a liberal from a state that is apparently fine with electing Democrats and becoming an independent means she loses the support of the party structure (including funding). It also means she might end up with a deficit of voters in 2024 if both parties put up their own candidates, making it a three-way race.

Regardless, the merits of Sinema’s decision will be argued for a while yet. What’s not in question, though, is that Democrats have learned zero lessons from the ordeal. Instead of realizing they drove Sinema out of the party with their far-left hysterics, they are simply doubling down. You’re shocked to learn that, I know.

In the first clip, we see Danielle Moodie, who hosts a podcast called “WokeAF,” suggesting that Sinema is “problematic” and a threat to “democracy.” I mean, what an original complaint, right? Everything the left doesn’t like is a threat to “democracy.” They’ve taken a word that used to actually mean something and have boiled it down into abject nothingness. Sinema is nice to Ted Cruz? Well, that’s a threat to democracy!

Then in the second clip, we see the always astute ladies of “The View” suggesting Sinema is enabling nazis and white supremacists because why not? Like the term “democracy,” those descriptors mean absolutely nothing these days, having been affixed to even the most mundane Republicans.

To that, I say, great job guys. Keep it up. Trashing Sinema has taken you this far so you might as well go all the way and force her fully into the Republican Party.

It’s just incredible to witness this kind of self-destructive behavior, only rivaled by the self-destructive behavior we see from the right. Sinema would still be a Democrat right now had leftwing lunatics like the ones above not spent the last several years following her into bathrooms and demeaning her for not wanting to spend fifty bazillion dollars on Joe Biden’s agenda. There’s something psychotic about people who are content to keep running into a brick wall knowing the wall isn’t getting any softer.

I guess that’s the arrogance of politics. Everyone believes they are right, and even when the red lights are flashing, few are willing to do anything that could be considered strategic. The right call here would have been to shut up about Sinema and understand that not every member of one’s party is going to toe the line in every instance. But hey, who am I to tell Democrats to stop imploding?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/12/10/democrats-learn-zero-lessons-after-kyrsten-sinema-leaves-the-party-n671936

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you’re asking literally he’s a character in Atlas Shrugged.  

If you’re Comrade Kaying it up, John Galt is all of us at once, yet none of us at all.  We are him, yet, really, who are we?  

• Haha (+1) 1