Like a bad pimple that keeps coming back, Peterman elevated to Bears active roster.

Draconator

Game 17. Bears playing for draft position, meaning "we want to lose." Bears Nation turns its lonely eyes to Nathan Peterman.

And Peterman delivers! He plays conservatively, not obviously looking like they're trying to throw the game, but certainly not trying to win the game.

Mission Accomplished. 

That's why coaches like him.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:42 PM, Taro Nimbus said:

The fact that people still hate on this man is astounding.  Like give it a rest already!

Seriously. Bills fans should be grateful for Peterman. He forced Josh Allen onto the field and the rest is history.

Who knows? If he was a better QB, the Bills might still be in QB purgatory because maybe they would have tried playing with him for a couple of years and not drafted Josh Allen.

And heck, I'm sure he has improved, because that's what players do when they are in the league for a long time. There's no reason to hate him.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:42 PM, Taro Nimbus said:

The fact that people still hate on this man is astounding.  Like give it a rest already!

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Seriously. Bills fans should be grateful for Peterman. He forced Josh Allen onto the field and the rest is history.

Who knows? If he was a better QB, the Bills might still be in QB purgatory because maybe they would have tried playing with him for a couple of years and not drafted Josh Allen.

And heck, I'm sure he has improved, because that's what players do when they are in the league for a long time. There's no reason to hate him.

I don't hate Peterman at all, but I still have no problem pointing out that, statistically, he's the worst QB in the last 45 years with at least 130 attempts. It's not hate, it's a fact.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I don't hate Peterman at all, but I still have no problem pointing out that, statistically, he's the worst QB in the last 45 years with at least 130 attempts. It's not hate, it's a fact.

Well, he may be the worst QB who has actually played. There are a lot of QB's on and off rosters, on practice squads, etc who have never played a down of football in the NFL and probably never will. They still make a living, and Peterman is probably better than a chunk of those guys.

Peterman is a good teammate and probably does a good job in the meeting room and helping to prepare the starter, so coaches and starting QB's like having him around. That's all. Nobody actually wants him to play, just like nobody ever wants their 3rd string / practice squad QB to play. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, he may be the worst QB who has actually played. There are a lot of QB's on and off rosters, on practice squads, etc who have never played a down of football in the NFL and probably never will. They still make a living, and Peterman is probably better than a chunk of those guys.

Peterman is a good teammate and probably does a good job in the meeting room and helping to prepare the starter, so coaches and starting QB's like having him around. That's all. Nobody actually wants him to play, just like nobody ever wants their 3rd string / practice squad QB to play. 

I don't disagree with anything you wrote. I even said something similar earlier in the thread. 

I posted an article earlier that was written in 2018. Part of the article pointed out that it's rare to be that bad and get the amount of chances he's at. At that time he had 130 career attempts, now he has 160 and still hanging around 5 years later. He’s got to be at something off the field for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.