Tennesee and Buffalo discussing Henry

"It will also give the Titans and the Buffalo Bills yet another reason to keep discussing a trade for running back Travis Henry.

The Titans offered the Bills a fifth-round pick for Henry during the NFL Draft, and have continued discussions recently about a trade for the former University of Tennessee star. "

we'll see

If I'm Travis Henry, that trade wouldn't get me too excited. I thought TH's whole reason for being traded was so he could start somewhere. If he goes to Tennessee, he'll be a back-up--the same as he is here. And for that matter, he'll be just as disgruntled--so why would Tenn even want to do it? TH to Tennessee just makes no sense to me.

Fifth Round.....I just do not see the value to it, for the Bills. I know we get nothing next year for him but I'd rather have him this year, pouty face and all, as a solid back-up to Willis. Yeah, yeah, but he might sit out......Well I'm betting that if he wants any money next year he's gonna play this year.

If I'm Travis Henry, that trade wouldn't get me too excited. I thought TH's whole reason for being traded was so he could start somewhere. If he goes to Tennessee, he'll be a back-up--the same as he is here. And for that matter, he'll be just as disgruntled--so why would Tenn even want to do it? TH to Tennessee just makes no sense to me.

340174[/snapback]

I've had this same thought since the draft.....He will not start anywhere....although Phili is a possability.....He backed himself into a corner.....he going to have to swallow his pride, at least for a year, and play backup...he certainly showed no fire when filling in for Willis....he has noone to blame but himself for putting himself in this situtation....

I know we get nothing next year for him but I'd rather have him this year,

Actually, we should get a "compensatory" pick if he leaves as a FA. Denver got a couple of third rounders this year and they didn't lose a 1300+ yard running back.

We should be able to get at least a 3rd or 4th from the league if he leaves as an FA.

CW

Actually, we should get a "compensatory" pick if he leaves as a FA.  Denver got a couple of third rounders this year and they didn't lose a 1300+ yard running back.

We should be able to get at least a 3rd or 4th from the league if he leaves as an FA.

CW

340192[/snapback]

Well, there you go!

I've had this same thought since the draft.....He will not start anywhere....although Phili is a possability.....He backed himself into a corner.....he going to have to swallow his pride, at least for a year, and play backup...he certainly showed no fire when filling in for Willis....he has noone to blame but himself for putting himself in this situtation....

340186[/snapback]

It's almost as if he needs someone (a new agent?) to spell this out clearly to him--i.e., show him every roster in the NFL and tell him that he will not start anywhere. No team in the NFL needs a starting RB. Even if he goes to Philly, at best, he'll split time with 2-3 other guys.

The best thing for Travis to do is to go to camp and be an excellent back-up RB for us.

Actually, we should get a "compensatory" pick if he leaves as a FA.  Denver got a couple of third rounders this year and they didn't lose a 1300+ yard running back.

340192[/snapback]

Well, Travis Henry won't be leaving as a 1300+ yard back. He'll have two years of low production (unless Willis gets hurt).

What's the specific criteria for determining compensation? Is it salary? Stats?

Well, Travis Henry won't be leaving as a 1300+ yard back.  He'll have two years of low production (unless Willis gets hurt).

What's the specific criteria for determining compensation?  Is it salary?  Stats?

340198[/snapback]

Apparantly there is no specific criteria, it's very subjective.

CW

340174[/snapback]

Different. I think TH wants to be given an oppurtunity to compete for a

starting position. He never said he wanted the starting position. He clearly

knows that he is not competing for a starting job here in Buffalo.

If I'm Travis Henry, that trade wouldn't get me too excited.

He has no say in anything! If he would have been smart, he would have been quiet and gave everyone the stat answers:

"I'm a team player and all I want to do is help the team"

"Willis and I have a good relationship and I'm looking forward to camp and the 2005 season"

But NO! Now he gets what TD gives him. I'm sure that they would have helped him into a good situation, but he blew that!

Good move retard

Jeff

340186[/snapback]

Sorry, dude, but getting injured wasn't something he planned on getting into. He could see Willis in the rearview. Would you do something to sabotage your own career?

Well, Travis Henry won't be leaving as a 1300+ yard back.  He'll have two years of low production (unless Willis gets hurt).

What's the specific criteria for determining compensation?  Is it salary?  Stats?

340198[/snapback]

The formula is supposedly based upon production, salary, and any awards such as being named to the Pro Bowl.

I disagree that there is nowhere he can start.

Philly (Obvious)

Tennessee (Brown is injury prone, and TH is from TN)

Arizona (JJ is a crapshoot at this point)

Pittsburgh (Is the bus REALLY coming back?)

Minnesota (Smith suspended for year. TH is better than Bennett)

Cleveland (Lee Suggs? Give me a break)

Jacksonville (Fred Taylor is done.)

Carolina (what is the status of Steven Davis?)

Tampa Bay (Pittman?)

San Fran (Barlow is not fitting in....Gore is not likely to be a starter)

Green Bay (Davenport is holding out, and green is in trouble with the law.)

And he could start in oakland and Atlanta, but that is not likely to happen.

Bottom line is that there are many teams where he would be the better man for the job. This is all barring injuries which will happen. I really think he will be starting SOMEWHERE next season...

Tennessee (Brown is injury prone, and TH is from TN)

340723[/snapback]

Actually, Henry's from Frostproof, FL (he's also a Vols' alumni, so the Titans would be a good fit marketing-wise).

I always thought that a guy from a place called "Frostproof" would've been a big hit in Buffalo, but I guess it wasn't meant to be... :)