Allen's final throw, bad decision or bad pass?

TwistofFate

Just now, Shaw66 said:

No, that is not all.  It's situational football.  The downside of risking a bad throw is MUCH bigger in overtime than in  the second quarter.  Josh has to know the difference and make a better decision.  

He needed to make a better throw. It was there for the taking. 

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

At the time Josh made the decision to throw and started to #### his arm, Singletary was still blocking another player.  People see one still shot and one guy claim "Look Singletary was wide open!!!" and dont bother to look at the actual play.  Watch the entire play, not just some guys still shot trying to make himself look like a genius.

Thanks for the tips on how to watch football.  I have seen the play from a few angles.  While it was close, Singletary was clear when Allen threw the ball...it was close.  But I will argue that Allen rushed the throw, and he was under no pressure to do so.  Of course, I can't see where his eyes are, but he appears to be looking nowhere but the endzone. He wasn't looking for any other options.  If it wasn't a bad decision, it was a terrible throw. 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Thanks for the tips on how to watch football.  I have seen the play from a few angles.  While it was close, Singletary was clear when Allen threw the ball...it was close.  But I will argue that Allen rushed the throw, and he was under no pressure to do so.  Of course, I can't see where his eyes are, but he appears to be looking nowhere but the endzone. He wasn't looking for any other options.  If it wasn't a bad decision, it was a terrible throw. 

It was a bad throw. The space was vacated and Davis had a step.  The throw was way behind where it needed to be.  If thrown on target thats either a catch, a drop, or at worst the defender gets a speed burst and makes a good play to knock the ball away.

Singletary was clear by the time the throw actually left but Josh made his read and decision before that fact and was already in throwing motion. QBs throw when they see what they want to see.  Hesitating means the window is closed.  This is what people dont get.  He saw the TD so he threw the ball. 

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.