Cards release Shelton

When did the coaches do that ? They just insisted on a 3rd round pick in April, instead of Shelton. They probably predicted he would be cut anyhow, since he didn't seem to be getting any real interest from any other team. Plus that 3 Mil salary.

Now they can consider him at a reduced rate, if they have an interest.

339729[/snapback]

I recall TD saying in interviews a couple times that he himself liked Shelton but the Bills coaches weren't so high on him. I'm sure we can find a quote somewhere.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but tom donahoe is an idiot for not pulling the trigger on that trade. 0:)

even more redundant evidence that as fans, we don't know SCHITT about the players and what moves would really improve a team and a team's chemistry.

Whether they look at him or not , we now know who blinked first in the travis for Shelton Drama. No way Travis gets cut so who has more value ???????????

339736[/snapback]

It was always that way because Arizona needed Henry more than we needed Shelton. As it turns out, AZ addressed the RB spot in the draft, but we still have Henry, and Shelton is unemployed. For now. One twisted RB leg in any of the camps, and Henry's value increases.

I am wondering if this was just all posturing.....and the bills are on the phone to LJ right now.......

339749[/snapback]

That's what I was postulating earlier. It will be very interesting to see if they do. It could have been, that TD is not only a snake in the field turf, he's Satan himself.

Well, we're not getting him for 3mil/year now. Not sure if I want  him for any more than that. If we really want him, shoulda traded for him and his contract. 0:)

Shelton isn't getting anywhere NEAR $3M a year, even with signing bonus factored-in. But I also doubt he signs more than a 2-year deal with a team.

I am not the gloating type....but these cards fans are well.....MORONS

- It is a good thing that they released Shelton and took a cap hit

- They have a unproven RB that went in the 2nd round so they don't need one that went to the Pro Bowl recently

- They are laughing at us even though you can see the writing on the wall that Henry is going to get shipped out for a draft pick to somebody.....

I wonder if they will still be laughing when we trade Henry and pick up Shelton

I am not the gloating type....but these cards fans are well.....MORONS

- It is a good thing that they released Shelton and took a cap hit

- They have a unproven RB that went in the 2nd round so they don't need one that went to the Pro Bowl recently

- They are laughing at us even though you can see the writing on the wall that Henry is going to get shipped out for a draft pick to somebody.....

I wonder if they will still be laughing when we trade Henry and pick up Shelton

339779[/snapback]

Talk about living in glass houses... I bet the card fans are laughing at the yokels over here, posting things like

I am not the gloating type....but these bills fans are well.....MORONS

- It is a good thing that they released Bledsoe and took a cap hit

- They have a unproven QB that was the 4th one to be picked so they don't need one that went to the Pro Bowl recently

- They are laughing at us even though you can see the writing on the wall that Henry is going to get shipped out for less then what we woud have given them.....

I wonder if they will still be laughing when we pick up Henry for a 5th and they settle on Shelton to protect their franchise QB

339779[/snapback]

I recall TD saying in interviews a couple times that he himself liked Shelton but the Bills coaches weren't so high on him. I'm sure we can find a quote somewhere.

339744[/snapback]

I remember reading that in some post draft article as well, but I don't think it was a quote from TD, but rather one of the "insiders" (Len P, Mortenson, or one of those guys) saying it. There is a difference...TD is fairly media savvy. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills sign Shelton, although I also wouldn't be shocked to see another team outbid the Bills for him. Shelton is physically, a protype tackle, who hasn't played like one. It would be nice to see what a change of scenery, wounded pride, and one of the top OL coaches in the league, could do for him...we all know TD likes to take flyers on guys, if the price is right!

So if TD had taken the trade, it basically would have been a 4th rounder they accepted for Travis, since that's what the swap of 2nd's was worth points-wise, seeing as how Shelton was going to be cut anyway. So the Bills, if interested (and that remains to be seen), can pickup Shelton for a lot less than $3M a year. They can also trade Travis for MORE than the 4th round pick they would have gotten, in a weak draft. Meanwhile the Cards are pinning their hopes on a 2nd round RB. Nice.

By saying "over here" I take it to mean you are not one of our faithful bills fans?

MORONS........

339795[/snapback]

No, I am, and I mean here on twobillsdrive, where we are making snap judgements about the cards when only time will tell whether our own gutsy decisions turn out good or bad.

No, I am, and I mean here on twobillsdrive, where we are making snap judgements about the cards when only time will tell whether our own gutsy decisions turn out good or bad.

It will only turn out bad if Shelton plays like a stud for another team this season. To this point though, and as I alluded to above, the Bills made out by NOT trading a really good RB for a guy who would cost $3M a year and would have been released outright anyway.

Well....

I do humbly apologize as I have not seen your screen name much and your count so low.....it was a snap judgement to assume you were not a bills fan with only 24 posts............

Cards both management and their fans....ARE delusional....to be perfectly honest they should have just sucked it up and kept Shelton because taking that cap hit then setting him on the market makes them look like fools.....

Henry on the other hand will ride our bench or be traded....I dont see TD making that same move.

So if TD had taken the trade, it basically would have been a 4th rounder they accepted for Travis, since that's what the swap of 2nd's was worth points-wise, seeing as how Shelton was going to be cut anyway.  So the Bills, if interested (and that remains to be seen), can pickup Shelton for a lot less than $3M a year.  They can also trade Travis for MORE than the 4th round pick they would have gotten, in a weak draft.  Meanwhile the Cards are pinning their hopes on a 2nd round RB.  Nice.

339800[/snapback]

Ummm... Travis was a 2nd rounder. 0:)