Tom Brady, What's going on?

T&C

I'm flabbergasted that so many of you guys go for the "he could have saved his family" angle. Really? You think giving in to a woman's whims would have truly saved his marriage? She is mega rich, has tons of help for chores - if she does any - and the kids, he's only 45 and a fully driven football player. You marry a super competitor, he was voted #1 by his PEERS last year, #1 in the NFL (!), and you use an ultimatum to force him to reitre at 45... and you guys agree with that? Forget it's Tom Brady. How do men go for that angle is beyond me...

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm flabbergasted that so many of you guys go for the "he could have saved his family" angle. Really? You think giving in to a woman's whims would have truly saved his marriage? She is mega rich, has tons of help for chores - if she does any - and the kids, he's only 45 and a fully driven football player. You marry a super competitor, he was voted #1 by his PEERS last year, #1 in the NFL (!), and you use an ultimatum to force him to reitre at 45... and you guys agree with that? Forget it's Tom Brady. How do men go for that angle is beyond me...

I also tend to believe if an ultimatum is given over a single issue, it’s likely a relationship has other problems. The whole football thing just makes a great story, and is probably part of a bigger picture. It really doesn’t make much sense. Brady was never  going to be the “typical” family man, and he’s already missed out on a lot. The sacrifice was made long ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

And frankly....I'd like the evidence that surgeons are prescribing Hgh for immediate post-surgical recovery.  There's a lot I don't know, but from what I do know, I don't think that would be ethical.

Do they have google where you live? What could possibly be an ethical dilemma here?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It’s not in my mind. It’s in the CBA. If it’s not allowed, it’s not allowed. Why is that hard for you? 

I never said it was "allowed". I took umbrage with tossing additional meaning on top of it. There are plenty of things that aren't allowed according to the CBA. That doesn't make a player "dirty".

Honestly it just comes off as childish.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Crazy to think he'll retire after this crappy season, when he could have just retired last year, had no losing season, gone out a legend, and saved his family.

One more crappy season over his family. What a guy.

Sorry, but you've got this exactly backwards. Any wife that leaves you because of you doing your job for one more year isn't loyal enough to keep around. It's better that he found out now that she was this petty.

If she would leave him over his playing football, she'd 100% find another ultimatum down the road. Why act like "family" is such a big deal? It's a weird fascination that's supposed to make everybody stop and judge others.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sorry, but you've got this exactly backwards. Any wife that leaves you because of you doing your job for one more year isn't loyal enough to keep around. It's better that he found out now that she was this petty.

If she would leave him over his playing football, she'd 100% find another ultimatum down the road. Why act like "family" is such a big deal? It's a weird fascination that's supposed to make everybody stop and judge others.

Completely, 100% disagree.

This isnt some blue collar guy working a second job or an extra shift to provide for his family. Seems like some of you are projecting with this kind of talk since their situation is nothing like anyone else's.

SHE makes more than HE does. They've already made hundreds of millions of dollars. NONE of them need to work. And this isnt real work.

He chose to go hang with the guys and pump his ego, like he has been doing for over 20 years, over being with his family. So he lost his family. That is all this is.

To the bold. That is a sad question. I feel bad for you.

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Completely, 100% disagree.

This isnt some blue collar guy working a second job or an extra shift to provide for his family. Seems like some of you are projecting with this kind of talk since their situation is nothing like anyone else's.

SHE makes more than HE does. They've already made hundreds of millions of dollars. NONE of them need to work. And this isnt real work.

He chose to go hang with the guys and pump his ego, like he has been doing for over 20 years, over being with his family. So he lost his family. That is all this is.

To the bold. That is a sad question. I feel bad for you.

You shouldn't. It's just more societal norm nonsense that has no real meaning in a vacuum.

It's pretty cut and dry for me. Tom is a football player. He was a football player when they got together. If she's leaving him because he continues to be a football player, she isn't worth keeping around. There are plenty of people the guy could have a relationship with that would be more loyal. If ALL this really came down to is whether or not he should keep playing football, he didn't make a choice about keeping their marriage together, she did. He just did as he's always done. Chances are good though that football was just a cover.

Just like he isn't "some blue collar guy", she's isn't some simple stay at home wife either. She's not waiting up on Sunday nights with a cold meatloaf waiting for him to come home. Marriages at this level are business partnerships. Once they stop being beneficial to both parties, you move on. It really shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.