Titans/City Agree on New DOMED Stadium

Protocal69

34 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, you can air your grievances in 30 years when the new lease is up. Until then, you'll just have to suck it up.

Or I can expect in 20 years we are going through this same discussion like Nashville, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Washington - all who have stadiums that are still within the useful life and all are looking to rebuild into covered stadiums.

My guess is this costs more money for a shorter time and becomes a bigger issue before the lease is up.

Get it right should be the motto, but nope some Neanderthals think this a gladiatorial contest to be played outdoors when the reality is changing toward a more controlled environment across the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Or I can expect in 20 years we are going through this same discussion like Nashville, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Washington - all who have stadiums that are still within the useful life and all are looking to rebuild into covered stadiums.

My guess is this costs more money for a shorter time and becomes a bigger issue before the lease is up.

Get it right should be the motto, but nope some Neanderthals think this a gladiatorial contest to be played outdoors when the reality is changing toward a more controlled environment across the league.

Our lease is 30 years. I imagine the penalties for breaking it won't be light.

I'd honestly rather the team move than play in a domed stadium. You can't say you're the "Bills Mafia" where jumping through tables is your calling card, or the tailgate capital of the NFL where the star attraction gets showered with mustard and ketchup, or where your star QB is known as a guy that would sooner run through you (or over you) than around, and then turn around and mosey on in to your 71 degree climate controlled office building to watch a game. maybe you can grab dinner, a movie and a massage while you're there?

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you're going to cop an attitude slick, you should probably read the actual source you posted. It's less than a tweet in length, but apparently that was asking too much.

You claimed that the Bills stadium is "All taxpayer funded" which is not correct. $850M of it is. .

And like I said the other 300million will be paid for via PSL licenses. Who pays for those at the end of the day. Ill wait

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

And like I said the other 300million will be paid for via PSL licenses. Who pays for those at the end of the day. Ill wait

$300M would require an average PSL of $5k. That's not happening.

Look, you won't find a bigger enemy of billionaires than me and I fully support banning public funding for any infrastructure work associated with a corporation's office buildings, but until someone does, it's a monopoly and the only choice is to pay or lose. NY chose to save the only thing in NYS that means anything, and I'm glad they did.

Long term, I hope the practice is federally banned, but it won't be.

• Like (+1) 1

The entire reason that Nashville is going for a dome is because Nashville is a IT city right now i live just north of there the economy is booming the tax structure is such that the state is drawing a ton of business which means a S**T ton of people are moving there the city is building high rises like crazy & the housing market is stupid busy building every where .

So they have hosted the NHL All Star game, they have hosted the NFL draft, they have brought Nascar back to the circuit at the Nashville speed way, they now have a soccer team "WOO HOO" but the next big thing they want is to host a super bowl & the only way they will be able to guarantee that is with a dome !

There is a awful lot to do & see in Nashville it is a great city definitely going through some growing pains but i think they will get through that & they have the infrastructure such as hotels & restaurants to support a super bowl it's just a matter of time before they have one because they have proven they can handle it ... 

I think in part a reason why Buffalo wouldn't go for a dome is because most of the tax structure is focused on the NYC to keep it a float which is a huge part of why it took Buffalo so long to get a new stadium !

The city meaning NYC has sucked up money for the Yankees new home, the Mets new stadium, the Brooklyn Nets new arena, & i would think some amount of NY taxes went to help build the new stadium for the Giants & Jets which left the Bills sucking hind T*T once again .

The Bills needed this kind of team to ensure a new home I feel if they hadn't been winning the way they have been the new stadium would not be coming & there may have been more talk of them moving because of that fact but thank god the Pegs hird who they did when they did to keep the Bills here & make NYS look west with some of the funding for the teams future .

Plus the city of Buffalo i don't think (i could be wrong) has the amount of infrastructure as far as hotels & restaurants to support a super bowl if they did build a dome . 

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.