Was Michael Crook killed?

Does anyone know if this is true or not, that someone finally got ahold of this guy? For those that don't remember, he was the guy who said he found that military guy's camera at the Eagles game with all the pictures, but wanted alot of money for it returned.

According to this site, someone finally got ahold of him. Anyone in the Philly area know if this is true or a joke?

http://www.forsakethetroops.info/

Does anyone know if this is true or not, that someone finally got ahold of this guy? For those that don't remember, he was the guy who said he found that military guy's camera at the Eagles game with all the pictures, but wanted alot of money for it returned.

According to this site, someone finally got ahold of him. Anyone in the Philly area know if this is true or a joke?

http://www.forsakethetroops.info/

338277[/snapback]

Without getting too political, I googled his stuff, many beleive he is ulling a publicity stunt. No hospital was cited, and in some websites, they said there was no substantiating evidence that the assault occurred. Keep a look out, but it may be a scam

Without getting too political, I googled his stuff, many beleive he is ulling a publicity stunt. No hospital was cited, and in some websites, they said there was no substantiating evidence that the assault occurred. Keep a look out, but it may be a scam

338287[/snapback]

The Syracuse news would be all over this story, and checking their web sites shows not a peep... :doh:

338287[/snapback]

I see he just established the Michael Crook funeral expense fund. Send $$ to a P.O. box.

338287[/snapback]

Yeah, probably another publicity stunt to get another 15 minutes of fame, but if it is true, good riddance and God Bless his wife and children.

Yeah, probably another publicity stunt to get another 15 minutes of fame, but if it is true, good riddance and God Bless his wife and children.

338291[/snapback]

There were even questions as to whether he had a wife and kids according to one post I read.....

The Army Times called the cops:

Doubts raised about report of controversial Web master’s death

Doubts raised about report of

controversial Web master’s death

By Joseph R. Chenelly

Times staff writer

A controversial Web site that has called wounded soldiers “leeches” and celebrates when U.S. servicemen are killed in action, is claiming its Web master was beaten to death yesterday.

But local police say no murder has occurred.

The site, www.foresakethetroops.info, posted a claim Tuesday morning that Michael Crook was physically attacked by two men and later died in a hospital from his injuries. The statement speculated that the attackers are “thought to be members of the military, in response to their opinions about this Web site.”

Crook is the registered owner of the Web site, though the Web site has never revealed his name or location. The domain registry puts Crook’s address as Syracuse, N.Y., and a phone number on the site is a Syracuse area code and exchange.

The site also says the two attackers were “taken into police custody.”

But officials with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office in Syracuse told Army Times Tuesday that they have no record or knowledge of any such attack in the region.

A message left at the phone number listed on the Web site was not immediately returned.

The Web site has repeatedly posted disparaging comments about the military. Crook, the alleged blogger of the site, has said his main intent is to inform Americans that soldiers are paid too much for what they do.

Recently the site posted this: “Don't military pukes learn anything? Nine more Marines bite the big one in combat. Stupid is as stupid does!”

On May 15, the Web site had a tally of American troops killed in Iraq. It read: “Number of US soldiers killed in the Iraq War, of their own doing, because they CHOSE to be leeches: 1,583. These scumbags asked for it, and got it. Simper Cry.”

Numerous threats and derogatory remarks have been made toward Crook on several online military message boards over the past few weeks. Some boards have listed Crook’s alleged home address complete with a map and satellite image of his neighborhood. Crook’s Web site often bragged that he received thousands of hate e-mails daily.

In a purported April 28 interview that is posted on the blog “The Dread Pundit Bluto,” Crook addresses perceived dangers of managing such a site.

“I put my name out there, and people in the Syracuse area know who I am,” he is quoted as saying. “People recognize me now, and I would not put my safety at risk over something I truly don't believe in. I wholeheartedly believe in my site and will defend it to the death, however that death may come.”

As of noon Tuesday, the site was online, but the statement on its front page says it will go offline permanently at about 5 p.m. Tuesday.

In addition to the anti-military site, Crook is the registered owner of the domain for www.forsakethepolice.info.

The guy is a sniveling little twerp who, if he's not dead, should be.

338309[/snapback]

No idea about this story but I want to be OBXBILLSFAN! I've been there every summer for the last 5 years and I'd move there in an instant, if jobs were decent and real estate was even somewhat affordable! Be down the week of June 26th!