Bills on pace to shatter Net Yards/Drive record(since they started being kept in 1993)

Big Turk

This is pretty astounding.

Net Yards/Drive are basically the number of yards per drive you have have versus the number of yards per opponent drive.

Bills are currently at an absolutely absurd 18.84 net yards per drive, which is nearly 6 yards better than the next closest team, the Eagles, who are OVER 6 yards better than the 3rd place team, the Chiefs.

To put this in perspective, the Bills led the NFL last year at 9.28, meaning they are more than double that currently.

To put that even more in perspective, the next closest teams to the Bills this year going back to 1993, and the only other ones above 14 were the 2007 18-1 Patriots at 15.2, and the 2001 14-2 Greatest Show on Turf Rams at 14.14. Ironically both teams made it to the Super Bowl and lost that year.

My point?  I don't think we appreciate enough how great this team is in relation to other all-time teams. What they are doing right now is simply not normal.

image.thumb.png.1eb2e653bad9fab131d7aff771ab590a.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We are also on pace for a +309 point differential.  That would be the second best differential in the 16/17 game era behind the 2007 Patriots (+315).  There's a good chance our pace of +18.2/game will decrease over the next two games, before once again picking up steam after the GB game.  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is pretty astounding.

Net Yards/Drive are basically the number of yards per drive you have have versus the number of yards per opponent drive.

Bills are currently at an absolutely absurd 18.84 net yards per drive, which is nearly 6 yards better than the next closest team, the Eagles, who are OVER 6 yards better than the 3rd place team, the Chiefs.

To put this in perspective, the Bills led the NFL last year at 9.28, meaning they are more than double that currently.

To put that even more in perspective, the next closest teams to the Bills this year going back to 1993, and the only other ones above 14 were the 2007 18-1 Patriots at 15.2, and the 2001 14-2 Greatest Show on Turf Rams at 14.14. Ironically both teams made it to the Super Bowl and lost that year.

My point?  I don't think we appreciate enough how great this team is in relation to other all-time teams. What they are doing right now is simply not normal.

image.thumb.png.1eb2e653bad9fab131d7aff771ab590a.png

It is more about how great a QB we have on our team.  Go Bills !

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

This in my opinion why they can’t build a running attack.  To run you have to accept punting at least 20 percent of the possessions. Punting is not acceptable to this team. 

Bills are the only team in the NFL where the home fans boo their team punting up 35 points in the 4th quarter with the backups on the field. We don't do that here...we don't care if you are backups or not.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.