Patriots Game 2021, Dolphins Game, Anomalies

DieHardBillsFan

This game reminded me many times of the Patriots game last year. Elements causing foolish mistakes and injuries.

First game against the Patriots... Crazy cold with 40+ mile per hour winds.

This game against the Dolphins... Crazy heat with very high humidity.

To a degree, that was encouraging. Just remember the last 2 times the Bills played the Pats last year. No need to overreact!!!

This will not be how the games are late in the year and during the Playoffs. They still need to prep better than they do for the extremes. What ever extra they need to figure out.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

This game reminded me many times of the Patriots game last year. Elements causing foolish mistakes and injuries.

First game against the Patriots... Crazy cold with 40+ mile per hour winds.

This game against the Dolphins... Crazy heat with very high humidity.

To a degree, that was encouraging. Just remember the last 2 times the Bills played the Pats last year. No need to overreact!!!

This will not be how the games are late in the year and during the Playoffs. They still need to prep better than they do for the extremes. What ever extra they need to figure out.

Geez, I wonder what they could do to solve this problem?

- It's really frickin' cold and windy in Buffalo in late November/December, but very pleasant in September

- It's really frickin' hot and humid in the daytime in Miami in September, but wonderfully warm and pleasant in December

- The Bills play the Dolphins twice a year, every year.

I'm kind of at a loss here. Maybe an expert schedule maker could help me figure out a solution where we play both football games in pleasant weather?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- It's really frickin' cold and windy in Buffalo in late November/December, but very pleasant in September

- It's really frickin' hot and humid in the daytime in Miami in September, but wonderfully warm and pleasant in December

I'm kind of at a loss here. Maybe an expert schedule maker could help me figure out a solution where we play both football games in pleasant weather?

NFL playing into the rivalry narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Good teams figure out how to win games like today.  I think we all knew today was going to be a dog fight and we obviously didn't play up to our potential, however, today was a fiasco from the top on down

In a weird way, we played above and beyond our potential today all things considering. 

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

Good teams figure out how to win games like today. 

Ive said this myself a few times today...

Its easy after a loss to offer up excuses.. but they should have won that game today even with what went wrong with the weather and injuries...

Imagine the mindset if they are flying back now winning a tough game like that with all the adversity they had to overcome ...

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s all well and good that we “probably shouldn’t have lost” but the thing we keep missing is : we did lose. And it counts. And it might cost us home field. And this coach consistently loses close games. These are real issues. Are we still good? Yeah. Can this kids truly ***** us down the line? Also yes

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This team is built to win in January. We didn't get a Hawaiian for a QB, we got a big kid with huge hands for cold weather. We have the size now that would win that game against the Pats if it was that cold and windy today. This game should have ended with a W but the only thing you could blame on coaching was there not being more cooling areas on the sideline and pregame decisions made. That game had many ways to win, it was injury and execution that lost, not coaching.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.