Obstructionist party stikes again

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but...but...but...Bush is bad!

Why are you even bothering with all this?  :o

336053[/snapback]

Bored. Slow day. I really hate giving simplistic responses, but really don't like typing a full page per ... whatever it is.

So, the Dem contribution is making sure nothing gets accomplished?

335956[/snapback]

Yes.

What is better? Nothing or something that cripples you?

Of course when an immediate rescue is out of the question... What is better? Treading water, keeping your head above water and breathing or drowning?

I will pick nothing for now.

:lol::doh:

Yes.

What is better? Nothing or something that cripples you?

Of course when an immediate rescue is out of the question... What is better? Treading water, keeping your head above water and breathing or drowning?

I will pick nothing for now.

:doh:  :doh:

336543[/snapback]

We tried that for eight years. It led to 9/11. :lol:

And it's a fundamental tenent of most leadership courses that it's better to act decisively than perfectly. Waiting for the "perfect option" to show itself is almost always worse than going with your best idea with immediacy.

We tried that for eight years.  It led to 9/11.  :D

And it's a fundamental tenent of most leadership courses that it's better to act decisively than perfectly.  Waiting for the "perfect option" to show itself is almost always worse than going with your best idea with immediacy.

336551[/snapback]

No... Not listening to the transition team lead to 911.

Transition in America is truly an ugly thing.

On paper, people don't suffer. Yet, I do agree with you on being decisive and "perfect option." We just differ on what your best idea is.

No... Not listening to the transition team lead to 911.

337925[/snapback]

I don't believe that BS story for a half-second. More likely, given that unconscionably stupid pinhead Clarke was part of the transition team, they didn't provide anything worth listening to anyway. The fact is, if Clarke had been doing HIS job in Clinton's second term, there probably wouldn't even be any need to discuss the transition.

I don't believe that BS story for a half-second.  More likely, given that unconscionably stupid pinhead Clarke was part of the transition team, they didn't provide anything worth listening to anyway.  The fact is, if Clarke had been doing HIS job in Clinton's second term, there probably wouldn't even be any need to discuss the transition.

337988[/snapback]

That is pretty subjective.

And saying "they ignored the transition team" isn't?   :doh:

338037[/snapback]

Touche!

Yet... Your subjective behavior was thinking the information was not worthy.

Can't fault the people floating it out there, just the guys who think it is stupid.

It is a one-way street as I see... Can't have too much crazy info out there... Kinda like dismissing 4 long shots coming in 1,2,3, and 4 in the derby.

The burden falls on the guy who dismisses!

:doh::D

That's not exactly true, is it?  You remember that whole Afghani-Soviet war thingy?

338365[/snapback]

Let's see...I said that trying nothing is what we did for eight years, which led to 9/11.

You bring up the Soviet-Afghan war.

And I'm supposed to say what, precisely? "Yeah, I can see how the Reagan administration's overt support of the Afghan Mujahadeen against the Soviets during the Cold War relates directly to Clinton's failure to engage in any way any of the parties that were instrumental in forming the Talebanic Afghan government in the '90s." :doh: What is it that you're trying to say...that there's some sort of commonality between Reagan's support of fundamentalist Islam and Clinton's "We're done using you; we don't give two ***** about Southwest Asia." foreign policy?