Jump to content

UBs Blue Collar U is in the championship of TBT


Mattymafia
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Mattymafia said:

They've looked really good so far. The Bills should look into signing Perkins to learn to play TE. The guy is huge, just bullying defenders.

 

I was about to ask if anyone was watching TBT on ESPN. Blue Collar U. plays in the finals Tuesday at 8pm. (Also on ESPN.)

 

I love basketball but can't stand the NBA. I like college ball and I'm loving TBT. I think it's a great idea for colleges to have alum teams that keep playing.

 

Blue Collar U is mostly guys from the Nate Oats, nationally ranked Bulls teams. It's a blast seeing them play together again. And they are playing the style that Nate Oats coached them to.

 

Quick FYI, the 2023 TBT will feature Buffalo as one of the 8 regional sites. (No word yet in what arena they are playing.) I'm definitely coming in to watch it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

I was about to ask if anyone was watching TBT on ESPN. Blue Collar U. plays in the finals Tuesday at 8pm. (Also on ESPN.)

 

I love basketball but can't stand the NBA. I like college ball and I'm loving TBT. I think it's a great idea for colleges to have alum teams that keep playing.

 

Blue Collar U is mostly guys from the Nate Oats, nationally ranked Bulls teams. It's a blast seeing them play together again. And they are playing the style that Nate Oats coached them to.

 

Quick FYI, the 2023 TBT will feature Buffalo as one of the 8 regional sites. (No word yet in what arena they are playing.) I'm definitely coming in to watch it.

Id say its safe to assume Blue Collar U would play in Buffalo since the Syracuse team played in Syracuse and the Dayton Team played in Dayton. Makes no sense to have them play somewhere else if it'll guarantee ticket sales by having them present. 

 

Wish this team had Graves and Segu, but Segu just being in the Summer League probably kept him off the team. Mballa would be a good guy to showcase next year, it would be impossible to stop him AND Perkins at the same time. 

 

Man I miss the Nate Oats UB team.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw a commercial for this today and didn't have the slightest clue what it was.  I was wondering if it was a UB reference with that name and logo, so I'm glad I just stumbled onto this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winner Winner.  Buffalo gets a Championship trophy. o  Great to see these UB greats represent Buffalo so well, and such a heart felt tribute after each win to the shooting victims.  

So happy for these guys to be able to split $1million for winning the Championship.

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome story and great precursor to the Bills season. Those UB teams were a special group and I love that they won in the jerseys of those victims. Great story all around. It’s also a really cool tournament. Imagine if other sports had winner take all money tournaments. I’d watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Awesome story and great precursor to the Bills season. Those UB teams were a special group and I love that they won in the jerseys of those victims. Great story all around. It’s also a really cool tournament. Imagine if other sports had winner take all money tournaments. I’d watch. 

Maybe this is actually the direction a spring football league should make. A large 1 and done football tournament 

 

I imagine if they target college alumni to form teams like they do for the tbt it would be a popular event

  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Maybe this is actually the direction a spring football league should make. A large 1 and done football tournament 

 

I imagine if they target college alumni to form teams like they do for the tbt it would be a popular event

Let’s make this happen. People would watch this over baseball. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Maybe this is actually the direction a spring football league should make. A large 1 and done football tournament 

 

I imagine if they target college alumni to form teams like they do for the tbt it would be a popular event

 

Putting together a basketball team is a lot easier than a football team, especially for a one-and-done tournament.

 

Frankly I'm surprised more power basketball schools aren't in this tournament. Mostly mid majors and sponsored teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Putting together a basketball team is a lot easier than a football team, especially for a one-and-done tournament.

 

Frankly I'm surprised more power basketball schools aren't in this tournament. Mostly mid majors and sponsored teams.

Because most high powered schools guys are playing in the NBA

 

Syracuse really is about as high power of a program as you’ll get in this tournament

 

Basically all of their starters are professional basketball players… Most play overseas with some in the NBA… It’s easy to get the overseas guys to come and play for $1 million… The NBA guys won’t do it

 

So schools like Duke.. Where all their stars go to the NBA and not overseas… None of them will ever play in the tournament

 

You’re basically looking for schools with a lot of European pros or G leaguer’s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because most high powered schools guys are playing in the NBA

 

Syracuse really is about as high power of a program as you’ll get in this tournament

 

Basically all of their starters are professional basketball players… Most play overseas with some in the NBA… It’s easy to get the overseas guys to come and play for $1 million… The NBA guys won’t do it

 

So schools like Duke.. Where all their stars go to the NBA and not overseas… None of them will ever play in the tournament

 

You’re basically looking for schools with a lot of European pros or G leaguer’s 

 

You do know that almost all those UB alums play pro overseas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

You do know that almost all those UB alums play pro overseas?

I love you PTR but is reading comprehension not your strength? 
 

I said schools with a lot of oversea alumni Are the schools that are heavily in the basketball tournament

 

Schools with a lot of NBA talent are not

 

UB fits  in the mold of Putting a lot of guys overseas professionally

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Let’s make this happen. People would watch this over baseball. 

Wish I knew where to start because I think it would take off

 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Putting together a basketball team is a lot easier than a football team, especially for a one-and-done tournament.

 

Frankly I'm surprised more power basketball schools aren't in this tournament. Mostly mid majors and sponsored teams.

Had marquette/Ohio st/Miami/Florida/Xavier/Syracuse probably missing a few as well

 

Think the bigger schools have trouble fielding their teams because how many of them leave early/are at that school to strictly be a pro or just don't have the connection to their team mates that smaller or mid major teams do playing a full 3 or even 4 years together 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...