MAJOR Announcement from TD

It was stated on the radio this morning that the press conference is to announce the June Championship Celebration weekend and to announce that throwback jerseys will be worn at the home opener and in one road game.

334582[/snapback]

That's just too lame by the Bills to pull that. I spent .02 for my vcoach notification for that crap? :)

Hell I would have rather sent my .02 for a google search.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is, will the throwback jerseys also include a throwback helmet?

And none of that white-on-red helmet crap.

It was stated on the radio this morning that the press conference is to announce the June Championship Celebration weekend and to announce that throwback jerseys will be worn at the home opener and in one road game.

334582[/snapback]

How cool would it be to have the Bills throwback jersey's against the Power Blue of the Chargers?!

How cool would it be to have the Bills throwback jersey's against the Power Blue of the Chargers?!

334620[/snapback]

I agree, my guess is that they are going to try to arrange it for a game against an old AFL team. What about the Sunday night game against the Pats in their old unis?

I don't understand the hostility?

Jeff

334629[/snapback]

Me neither, it is a Major Event. A 4 day celebration of the great Bills' teams, that would be pretty cool, wish I was there. Besides that's what most of us thought.

Me neither, it is a Major Event.  A 4 day celebration of the great Bills' teams, that would be pretty cool, wish I was there.  Besides that's what most of us thought.

334633[/snapback]

I think that it's a cool idea and I would be there too. It must just be the Tom D haters??

Jeff

I am somewhat surprised the Bills are breaking out the Throwback uniforms in Game One...I figured they'd save them for a traditional rival, not a team that was created 3 years ago.

334628[/snapback]

I'm surprised they wouldn't use them to help move tickets for one of the slower-selling games, like KC or Carolina.

They must really want to give JP every possible advantage to get that first win under his belt.

I don't understand the hostility?

Jeff

334629[/snapback]

Because there were those who were sure that the "announcement of a major event" meant that Travis Henry was finally getting traded. Never mind the fact that a team has never ever gone into a press conference to announce a trade or signing by teasing at as a "major event" the day before...

I think it is for merchandising purposes... For all of those that buy a jersey at Game 1... are they going to buy another one at another game. I am sure they have stats from other teams that may show fans are more likely to buy merchandise after a win (they may be thinking that the texans game is very winnable) because they are in a better mood. And it may also prompt the movement of those specific jerseys, having the fans seeing the whole team in them that day.

The real question is, will the throwback jerseys also include a throwback helmet?

And none of that white-on-red helmet crap.

334607[/snapback]

I agree. Some mixed messages here. Is this a "3rd jersey"?.....which means it will be fairly modern looking and will fit nicely with our current red helmets, socks and pants while also paying tribute to those classic 1965 jersey's. OR is this an actual "Throwback jersey" from the 1965 team?...which means it's an exact replica and would look like crap in our current pants, socks and helmet.

So which is it TD?!? I guess that's why they will create a buzz and make us wait. Me thinks it will be a replica from the 1965 team (modern material of course!) and they will go the extra mile of changing the helmet color back to white with pants and socks to match that era.

I am somewhat surprised the Bills are breaking out the Throwback uniforms in Game One...I figured they'd save them for a traditional rival, not a team that was created 3 years ago.

334628[/snapback]

It's all about the $$ baby. Get those jerseys mass produced so you can get your very own on June 4th and show it off proudly all summer. Then the home opener rolls around and people are not only talking about the start of a new season, they again start talking about the new throwback jerseys and a new wave of them are bought in time for Opening Day.

It's really not that much different than what they did four years ago when Kelly went up on the Wall. Why wouldn't they do it during the Miami game, everybody asked? Well because the team sucked on ice that year and the Miami was one of the few guaranteed sellouts. Instead, they scheduled it during the Seattle game in November and voila...instant sellout.

The teams the Bills play (while nice for sentimental reasons) don't matter to them, the dates and circumstances surrounding the teams do.

Because there were those who were sure that the "announcement of a major event" meant that Travis Henry was finally getting traded.  Never mind the fact that a team has never ever gone into a press conference to announce a trade or signing by teasing at as a "major event" the day before...

334681[/snapback]

So you’re not interested in the event? It isn't worthwhile? They didn't have to do this. This organization is the best in the league because they care about the fan base. It's a business sure, but they are not screwing the fans with high ticket prices. They're aware the local economy is sh-- and are trying to help out. This shouldn't be news to you?

Jeff

So you’re not interested in the event? It isn't worthwhile? They didn't have to do this. This organization is the best in the league because they care about the fan base. It's a business sure, but they are not screwing the fans with high ticket prices. They're aware the local economy is sh-- and are trying to help out. This shouldn't be news to you?

Jeff

334743[/snapback]

Hey don't shoot the messenger!! :) I'm on your side. I was just telling you that certain people were getting their hopes waaaaaaaaaaaaay up for this major announcement. Personally I think the event is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see the new jerseys.