Delay is a scum, but the otherside isn't better

So Delay takes a few plane tickets for a couple of grand. Unethical, probably, should he be reprimanded, probably.

But it seems old Hilary is responsible for a misappropriation of campaign funds in the amount of 700K.

Can we please elect people that are honest and not out for themselves first? <_<

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/09/cli...g.ap/index.html

So Delay takes a few plane tickets for a couple of grand.  Unethical, probably, should he be reprimanded, probably. 

But it seems old Hilary is responsible for a misappropriation of campaign funds in the amount of 700K. 

Can we please elect people that are honest and not out for themselves first?  <_<

332619[/snapback]

Delay did what he did, of that there is no doubt. However, Judicial Watch, a conservative group with a history of going after the Clintons, hasn't proved anything. I think there's a difference there that you're not seeing.

Delay did what he did, of that there is no doubt.  However, Judicial Watch, a conservative group with a history of going after the Clintons, hasn't proved anything.  I think there's a difference there that you're not seeing.

332716[/snapback]

Yeah. I'd expect a liberal group to even bother looking into any possible Democratic misdeeds. That's realistic.

So Delay takes a few plane tickets for a couple of grand.  Unethical, probably, should he be reprimanded, probably. 

Can we please elect people that are honest and not out for themselves first?  :blush:

332619[/snapback]

Speculation until proven otherwise. The same cannot be said about Delay. If true, she's no better than Delay in that particular respect.

Speculation until proven otherwise.  The same cannot be said about Delay.  If true, she's no better than Delay in that particular respect.

332870[/snapback]

I believe the Delay ones are as well.

This one though is currently going to trial for one person in her campaign, so it appears to be more factual at this point then Delays.

Delay's recent over-the-top comments are more than enough to make him out to be unfit for office IMO, and probably in the court of general opinion. His attitude and values are far worse than any possible misappropriation of funds that may have occured on his behalf. This is the first we've heard of the Hillary accusations, so we'll have to wait and see.

Delay's recent over-the-top comments are more than enough to make him out to be unfit for office IMO, and probably in the court of general opinion.  His attitude and values are far worse than any possible misappropriation of funds that may have occured on his behalf.  This is the first we've heard of the Hillary accusations, so we'll have to wait and see.

332912[/snapback]

Being an **** isn't illegal yet. Hell I would be in jail for a long time if it was.

Yeah.  I'd expect a liberal group to even bother looking into any possible Democratic misdeeds.  That's realistic.

332864[/snapback]

I can hardly wait to see what "facts" they come up with. I'm sure her fingerprints are all over the money. Oh wait, I gave away one of their conclusions.......

Speculation until proven otherwise.  The same cannot be said about Delay.  If true, she's no better than Delay in that particular respect.

332870[/snapback]

Do you believe Hillary's explanation about her windfall profit with the cattle futures? Or the pardons she arranged in Orange County before the senatorial election? How about the allegation of stealing the White House furniture?

I believe that last year DeLay was reprimanded twice by the ethics committee. The result was that the the committee was purged of all but DeLay supporters. And as we all know the Republicans changed the ethics rules in order to protect DeLay and only backpeddled when the opposition held firm. DeLay is a slimeball. Getting rid of House speakers is pretty routine these days. They get drunk with power I guess, add that to their innate arrogance (and DeLay sniffed all those pest control fumes for years) and you have the bad judgement that results in being targeted. Good riddance to bad rubbish if he goes. These things all have a way of working themselves out.

It doesn't matter. The same can be said about the Clintons, Rostenkowski, etc...

Throw the book at 'em.

The same standards that everybody else lives by should hold true for the big wigs.

I remember starting my federal career with Buffalo district. At that time (late 80's) they just finished up investigating TDY abuses and fraud. It was empahsized how IMPORTANT it was to complete your travel orders and voucher correctly and accurately! Even at the lower levels they would chase down the abuse. At these levels some guys (only making yearly salaries in the teens!) would be unethical in reporting their TDY... I suppose they would use the per diem to just get by?

The point is they will throw the book at you for chump change or a lot of dough... And rightly so... It makes no difference, fraud is fraud and it effects every federal taxpayer!

Now if he can get off? Kudo's to his lawyer. That is what they are there for. If there is reason to suspect abuse, they should report and investigate it.

I also know as a federal employee, I have to take ethical training... They go over everything that can be done, what you can take as a gift and from who? Do they do this at the top or is it just "lip service?"

That is how it is... The holier than thou idiots (Delay) always overcompensate for their misdeeds.

As for the Clinton's they are who they are... It goes for everthing.

Get your hand caught in the cookie jar? But... But... He was such a righteous fella doesn't that account for anything? NO.

Speaking of drunks, how come Teddy is still in office?

In the house- how about Barney Frank?

333324[/snapback]

Gotta hand it to you... Good way to derail a post... You taking lessons from me?

Drunk with power. Big difference! Don't worry about the literal junks, they always meet their fate... Even if Teddy is lucky and not one of the dead Kennedy's.

Speaking of drunks, how come Teddy is still in office?

In the house- how about Barney Frank?

333324[/snapback]

On another note:

We got the Exacta going?

Legislative... Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank

Executive... George W. Bush

What ye say about the judicial branch? One of those nine? Hurry I need to take my bet to the window.

:P:P