Dave Chappelle attacked onstage performing at the Hollywood Bowl

Greg S

7 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I see a whole new market for all that old covid plexiglass.

my reaction to this post was it choked me up really....emotional punch Ouch. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm angry that what you wrote just may become reality in the world we live in..... for a change muppy is speechless

23 hours ago, stuvian said:

more proof that this generation has no sense of humour or emotional self regulation

To be fair, it has been years since Chappelle has been funny.  Still, you just leave and maybe ask for your money back. 

• Disagree 1

23 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I see a whole new market for all that old covid plexiglass.

For the famous comedians who work in the big clubs they will always have security around for protection. Those places can probably increase security. Its the lesser known comedians who work the smaller clubs that don't have security who could be in real danger of being attacked. Will Smith opened up an ugly can of worms especially with how people are today.

• Agree 3

I'm struggling with the idea of the gun-knife thing this guy had. As stupid as it is, I get having a fake gun--people think it's a REAL gun. Big gamble to call that bluff! People get held up with BB guns and ***** all the time.

But that works for you right up until it doesn't. So what is the move then...guy didn't buy it as a real gun, you're now tussling and....you think you'll be able to get that knife out....or use it well....with a gun-frame as a handle? What a dumbass weapon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

(CNN)The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office will not pursue felony charges against Isaiah Lee, the man accused of leaping on stage and attacking comedian Dave Chappelle during a performance a the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday night.

@Mark Vader that replica knife/gun would scare the u know what out of me if I ever saw it pointed in my direction. If it had been real I would think there would have been some manner of felony charges.  But it wasn't "real" so he gets credit for that?.........SMH Im not a lawyer I dunno......weapon vs deadly weapon....?

m

Lee was, however, charged with four misdemeanors, including battery and possession of a weapon, Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer announced in a press release and video message posted to Twitter on Thursday afternoon.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

How in the Hell did he get in there with that?!

I've been to the Hollywood Bowl, it is not a small venue and they have security checks before you enter.

When I was there I just remember there were several entrance points but this was back in the 80's. I am certain there would be post 9-11 changes to their protocols. 

A snafu occurred in some way shape or form. This Lee character had Vested interest in Chappelle so it wasn't  some random po'ed person from what Ive read. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

(CNN)The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office will not pursue felony charges against Isaiah Lee, the man accused of leaping on stage and attacking comedian Dave Chappelle during a performance a the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday night.

@Mark Vader that replica knife/gun would scare the u know what out of me if I ever saw it pointed in my direction. If it had been real I would think there would have been some manner of felony charges.  But it wasn't "real" so he gets credit for that?.........SMH Im not a lawyer I dunno......weapon vs deadly weapon....?

Jeez I think there are states where if you use a fake gun in a robbery, they still enforce it as if it was a real gun.

3 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I'm struggling with the idea of the gun-knife thing this guy had. As stupid as it is, I get having a fake gun--people think it's a REAL gun. Big gamble to call that bluff! People get held up with BB guns and ***** all the time.

But that works for you right up until it doesn't. So what is the move then...guy didn't buy it as a real gun, you're now tussling and....you think you'll be able to get that knife out....or use it well....with a gun-frame as a handle? What a dumbass weapon.

Its totally ridiculous that someone would go to that much trouble for such a "weapon" yeah its a danged weapon it may not be potentially LETHAL but for goodness sakes WHY (outside of props for a movie or something ) WHY even go to the trouble to make such a fake weapon? And then expect people are supposed to know the difference,,,,and that the difference even matters? SMH Common sense isnt common enough.

Sometimes I just dont get the world mate.

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Jeez I think there are states where if you use a fake gun in a robbery, they still enforce it as if it was a real gun.

yeah Im no laywer/ law maker...but in the grand scheme of Law the fact that gun wouldn't fire LIVE Rounds is why its a misdemeanor. *shrugs* at least the thought  kind of makes sense. Im clearly guessing

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.