2022 NFL Schedule: What To Expect In General

corta765

On 4/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

So it will draw a Jets/Lions type audience?

The Women's world cup final drew 26M viewers.  That generally exceeds any NFL regular season game (outside of Thanksgiving) and  would be low end for a playoff game (the equivalent of the Bills/Pats wild card game this year). 

My expectation for England - USA is about 35M+, which would put it inline with a Divisional Round game. 

I'm a huge soccer fan, but I'm not one of those fans who's going to tell you that it's going to take over America. But USA - England will be special and well watched

1 hour ago, appoo said:

The Women's world cup final drew 26M viewers.  That generally exceeds any NFL regular season game (outside of Thanksgiving) and  would be low end for a playoff game (the equivalent of the Bills/Pats wild card game this year). 

My expectation for England - USA is about 35M+, which would put it inline with a Divisional Round game. 

I'm a huge soccer fan, but I'm not one of those fans who's going to tell you that it's going to take over America. But USA - England will be special and well watched

Im curious how well this WC does in America as it is not during summer rather during the height of Football/College Football time and whether people watch as much. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Im curious how well this WC does in America as it is not during summer rather during the height of Football/College Football time and whether people watch as much. 

Yea, that's a good question. 

But this match is on Black Friday  at 2pm - with almost no competition other than people still out shopping (which most do online now), and some travel after thanksgiving. It's almost perfectly set up to maximize ratings

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

If it goes up against the NFL it will get killed. But if its the Friday after Thanksgiving then it might do alright. I personally don't care for soccer as I think its 100% boring. I would rather watch grass grow then watch soccer. 

On 4/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, Greg S said:

Wasn't this one of the main reasons Ralph Wilson didn't want primetime games at home? The rumor/speculation was he wanted home games at 1:00 for the reason you mentioned and mentioned this to the league. It was easier for him to have sellouts for 1:00 games and avoid blackout home games.

its true.

buffalo has the farthest commuting season ticket holder group on terms of drive time than any team where a good number come from 90+ minute drive or farther away. 1 pm game allows fir a day trip with sleep schedules.

a 4 pm game means sone aren’t getting home till after normal Sunday bed time. Prime time makes it worse.

buffalo might have had 1 hone prime time game during the Kelly days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.