13 Seconds - A Weekly Column for the Tortured Souls of Sports

astb41

So I got inspired by a post on here the morning after the Chiefs loss and just started writing. I'm not even a writer, aside from some sh**t screenplays I'll never be able to afford to make. It felt good getting all those feeling onto the page and since I'm on year 2 of working from home and am completely bored outta my mind with my current job (film editor), I figured I'd give this a go.

https://www.13seconds.co/columns/believe

So the first of what will be a weekly column is up - I Believe. We'll hit on everything from film/tv to life bulls**t to lots of Bills coverage. Kind of like a Bill Simmons thing, maybe? As well as selling vintage sports goods and original goods to come. So give it a read sometime! Or destroy me here. Or follow on Instagram (13_secs) and Twitter (@13secs). The website is a work in progress, but I wanted to get the first article up ASAP. Thanks for your time. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Your recollection is off, the Diggs 2pt conversion was on the first TD that put us up with 2 minutes,  in the TD with 13 seconds we kicked the PAT to go up 3.

Other than that, not to be a dick but... you cried over a football game? Dude, come on. Anyways...

Best of luck on the venture!

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Your recollection is off, the Diggs 2pt conversion was on the first TD that put us up with 2 minutes,  in the TD with 13 seconds we kicked the PAT to go up 3.

Other than that, not to be a dick but... you cried over a football game? Dude, come on. Anyways...

Best of luck on the venture!

you're right!!

Haha yea but it wasn't flowing streams of tears, more like a holy sh*t sob haha, will have to adjust that.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, astb41 said:

So I got inspired by a post on here the morning after the Chiefs loss and just started writing. I'm not even a writer, aside from some sh**t screenplays I'll never be able to afford to make. It felt good getting all those feeling onto the page and since I'm on year 2 of working from home and am completely bored outta my mind with my current job (film editor), I figured I'd give this a go.

So the first of what will be a weekly column is up - I Believe. We'll hit on everything from film/tv to life bulls**t to lots of Bills coverage. Kind of like a Bill Simmons thing, maybe? As well as selling vintage sports goods and original goods to come. So give it a read sometime! Or destroy me here. Or follow on Instagram (13_secs) and Twitter (@13secs). The website is a work in progress, but I wanted to get the first article up ASAP. Thanks for your time. Go Bills!

Amazing article that I believe a lot of us long time Bills fans can relate too...

I particularly relate to being vanquished to the basement to watch 'My Bills' as my wife isn't huge fan as well (Flame away!).. the need for therapy (most likely.. but not just yet..), and the 2 minute refresh in the unusually warm spring of 2012 when the Bills were wooing Mario Williams... (Can't believe it will be a decade when the phrase 'Ground up in the freezer' became a regular go to phrase on this message board)

Not to get too hokey but it's amazing articles like yours that remind me why "I believe"...

Well Done Sir

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Amazing article that I believe a lot of us long time Bills fans can relate too...

I particularly relate to being vanquished to the basement to watch 'My Bills' as my wife isn't huge fan as well (Flame away!).. the need for therapy (most likely.. but not just yet..), and the 2 minute refresh in the unusually warm spring of 2012 when the Bills were wooing Mario Williams... (Can't believe it will be a decade when the phrase 'Ground up in the freezer' became a regular go to phrase on this message board)

Not to get too hokey but it's amazing articles like yours that remind me why "I believe"...

Well Done Sir

Go Bills!

Thanks so much for the support! It’s nice that the actual games have finally become the highlight over off-season moves 😂

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, astb41 said:

That was nothing short of brilliant and fantastic. 

Have you seen the All-22 analysis of that kickoff?  I just saw this.  It shows that the team was sprinting toward the left side of the field, as if in anticipation of a shorter kick....and on the way 3 of our players put their hands in the air, in confusion....one of them looking at Bass as if thinking "what just happened?"  It looks like the plan was to kick the ball short on the left side of the field.  

Hard to say who screwed it up...Bass kicking it through the endzone?  Somebody not telling him where to kick it?  Bass being nervous and not executing the kick?

I noticed earlier in the year, whenever he would kick short his setup was a few steps short.  Maybe they didn't want to give that away by having him only go back a few steps....

Any way you slice it, it was a mess.  

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That was nothing short of brilliant and fantastic. 

Thanks for reading and the support!

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Have you seen the All-22 analysis of that kickoff?  I just saw this.  It shows that the team was sprinting toward the left side of the field, as if in anticipation of a shorter kick....and on the way 3 of our players put their hands in the air, in confusion....one of them looking at Bass as if thinking "what just happened?"  It looks like the plan was to kick the ball short on the left side of the field.  

Hard to say who screwed it up...Bass kicking it through the endzone?  Somebody not telling him where to kick it?  Bass being nervous and not executing the kick?

I noticed earlier in the year, whenever he would kick short his setup was a few steps short.  Maybe they didn't want to give that away by having him only go back a few steps....

Any way you slice it, it was a mess.  

Yea I read somewhere, probably here, that Bass was practicing to the side and didn't get the squibb call that was given in the special teams huddle on the sideline. That's on the coaching staff

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.