Need your prayers....again....

I just found out that my wife has skin cancer. She had a dark red, "mole" that was very dry feeling and rough on her back. I made her go to the doctor to get it looked at and we just found out it's cancer. They are going to start treatment today and hopefully it was caught early enough. This board helped me get through the death of my Grandmother while I was deployed to Africa and now I'm scheduled to go to Iraq in August.

Please just keep my wife, Heidi, in your prayers. Thank you.

:D  ;)  ;)

Which skin cancer is it?

329130[/snapback]

I wouldn't even want to try to spell it. It's NOT melanoma, that's about all I remember. They're going to remove it today and put her on a pill form of medication and no matter what she has to go back every month for a full body skin search from the doctors. It's very recurring. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Not Melanoma is great news!!!

I was just curious 'cause being from Aust. My family and I have often had little Carsinomas removed. We learned that many types of skin cancer actually come from being sunburned as a kid. Remember all those summers we used to have skin peeling contests to see who could peel the biggest piece without breaking it?

Then, sun screen came and spoiled our fun - thank goodness!

So glad to hear Heidi's condition is treatable.

I just found out that my wife has skin cancer. She had a dark red, "mole" that was very dry feeling and rough on her back. I made her go to the doctor to get it looked at and we just found out it's cancer. They are going to start treatment today and hopefully it was caught early enough. This board helped me get through the death of my Grandmother while I was deployed to Africa and now I'm scheduled to go to Iraq in August.

Please just keep my wife, Heidi, in your prayers. Thank you.

329111[/snapback]

You got mine