Mahomes vs Allen: The Greatest Game Ever Played (cinematic video)

beebe

A little cheesy but good.  The killer for me (and I'm not going to go back and watch it again to see who it was) is the Buffalo D-lineman ran right by Kelce when he could have easily put a lick on him on that final long gain for the tying field goal.

McDermott prides himself on details, he should have a field day learning.

6 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

A little cheesy but good.  The killer for me (and I'm not going to go back and watch it again to see who it was) is the Buffalo D-lineman ran right by Kelce when he could have easily put a lick on him on that final long gain for the tying field goal.

McDermott prides himself on details, he should have a field day learning.

Pretty sure that was Addison as I remember it. {EDIT: OBADA!}

Haven't watched the video, and I don't think I'm going to.

At least not now.

I'm not ready! 

😩

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pretty sure that was Addison as I remember it.

At least not now.

I'm not ready! 

😩

It was Obada and what made it even more damning is that he looked directly at Kelce seconds before the ball was snapped. Since he was essentially lined up across from him, I don’t know why he didn’t hit him. Then again, I’m not sure if Hughes or Addison would’ve hit him either and they’ve played much more football than Efe. It’s just a lack of situational awareness.

Edited by JayBaller10

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

It was Obada and what made it even more damning is that he looked directly at Kelce seconds before the ball was snapped. Since he was essentially lined up directly across from him, I don’t know why he didn’t hit him. Then again, I’m not sure if Hughes or Addison would’ve hit him either and they’ve played much more football than Efe. It’s just a lack of situational awareness.

I stand corrected.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Pretty sure that was Addison as I remember it.

At least not now.

I'm not ready! 

😩

Yeah, the other thing that made me sick is on all the KC highlights watching Edmunds running along with no real aggression and closing ability.  He looked so slow and uninterested.  Honestly, as others have mentioned, we need speed and at least one elite player in that front seven and Edmunds is not it.  I'm ok with having him next year as a stopgap, or repurposed to get more out of him.  I really think Beane and McD need to take a brutally honest long look at him and if he really fits a championship caliber defense.

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It was Obada and what made it even more damning is that he looked directly at Kelce seconds before the ball was snapped. Since he was essentially lined up across from him, I don’t know why he didn’t hit him. Then again, I’m not sure if Hughes or Addison would’ve hit him either and they’ve played much more football than Efe. It’s just a lack of situational awareness.

Thanks, it's either that lack of execution or lack of coaching.  Given they seemed to be locked into prevent defense, I think the latter.

2 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yeah, the other thing that made me sick is on all the KC highlights watching Edmunds running along with no real aggression and closing ability.  He looked so slow and uninterested.  Honestly, as others have mentioned, we need speed and at least one elite player in that front seven and Edmunds is not it.  I'm ok with having him next year as a stopgap, or repurposed to get more out of him.  I really think Beane and McD need to take a brutally honest long look at him and if he really fits a championship caliber defense.

Would love to see him traded if he actually has trade value.

If not, he needs to be gone after this upcoming season.

Not sure how McBeane view him to be honest.

7 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yeah Edmunds really stands out for all the wrong reasons in these highlight videos. I had highlighted a play of his versus KC last year where it kinda looked like he was jogging to Tyreek Hill (the one where Zimmer tried to run him down) and was disgusted by his lack of effort. It doesn’t seem like he plays with the type of urgency needed from that position. AJ Klein is nothing special, both from a mental and physical standpoint, but if Edmunds had his mental grit he’d be a far better linebacker. I think that says more about Edmunds than Klein.

• Agree 1

I have yet to watch the highlights of that game, or interviews. But this morning I watched Kyle Brandt’s video from One Bills Live on the bills official site cause Brandt always makes me feel better about the Bills , but in the middle they start showing the last 3 Bills TDs in chronological order (first time I’ve seen them since the live game) and on the last one I see Davis staring down the Chiefs fans after his TD, clearly thinking he just scored the walk off TD like the rest of us…. and I felt sick to my stomach after that.

All of that is to say…. yes, great game, and I’m sure a great video…. But I’m still not ready to go there. Not sure I ever will be.. lol

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah Edmunds really stands out for all the wrong reasons in these highlight videos. I had highlighted a play of his versus KC last year where it kinda looked like he was jogging to Tyreek Hill (the one where Zimmer tried to run him down) and was disgusted by his lack of effort. It doesn’t seem like he plays with the type of urgency needed from that position. AJ Klein is nothing special, both from a mental and physical standpoint, but if Edmunds had his mental grit he’d be a far better linebacker. I think that says more about Edmunds than Klein.

The optimist in me likes to think that he isn't happy in the middle role and might be happier and more aggressive if they change it.  I don't know though.  He's frustrating.  I mean, where's the leadership to knife in there?  I see him do it at times in other situations, but I don't know.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.