OT: I'm nuts

I'm sure others have funny stories about getting anticipated cds, but I went pretty far this morning. I went to get the new NIN record (even though I've had a burnt copy for weeks) at 12 midnight and our local store didn't have the copies they were supposed to have. They didn't come in. So what do I do? I drive 15 miles each way into Michigan to go to another store at almost 1 am to get my damn cd.

I just didn't feel like waiting around for it all day and then not being able to get it when I expected to.

Hopefully it debuts at number 1 this next week. It's a great album.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure others have funny stories about getting anticipated cds, but I went pretty far this morning.  I went to get the new NIN record (even though I've had a burnt copy for weeks) at 12 midnight and our local store didn't have the copies they were supposed to have.  They didn't come in.  So what do I do?  I drive 15 miles each way into Michigan to go to another store at almost 1 am to get my damn cd.

I just didn't feel like waiting around for it all day and then not being able to get it when I expected to.

Hopefully it debuts at number 1 this next week.  It's a great album.

326438[/snapback]

1. Where in Indiana are you?

2. What music store is open at 1am?

It is alright to have an obsession as long as you are still functioning at a reasonable level:) I will have to check out the new album if it is that good.

1. Where in Indiana are you?

2. What music store is open at 1am?

326454[/snapback]

The only thing I have waited oin line for more than 30 minutes was for tickets to the Bills-Cleveland playoff game. Was out at a bar till 4 AM and then waited in line until 8 AM at the UB ticket office.

So you drove all over the place at one in the morning to get a copy of a CD that you already own illegally.

Nuts isn't the right word.

326690[/snapback]

Well I threw out the burnt copy and erased the files this morning from my hard drive. I have no use for them anymore now that I have the real deal.

It's kind of strange to be going to a store to pick up a cd and on the way to pick that cd up you are listening to it in the car.

Well I threw out the burnt copy and erased the files this morning from my hard drive.  I have no use for them anymore now that I have the real deal.

It's kind of strange to be going to a store to pick up a cd and on the way to pick that cd up you are listening to it in the car.

326845[/snapback]

You did the right thing.

You did the right thing.

326850[/snapback]

Well I just think that it was the propper use of mp3s. I was able to listen to what I was going to purchase for a few weeks in advance and then I bought the album like I was supposed to.

They had the album streaming from nin.com for the last several days anyways.