OT: I'm nuts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure others have funny stories about getting anticipated cds, but I went pretty far this morning.  I went to get the new NIN record (even though I've had a burnt copy for weeks) at 12 midnight and our local store didn't have the copies they were supposed to have.  They didn't come in.  So what do I do?  I drive 15 miles each way into Michigan to go to another store at almost 1 am to get my damn cd.

I just didn't feel like waiting around for it all day and then not being able to get it when I expected to.

Hopefully it debuts at number 1 this next week.  It's a great album.

326438[/snapback]

The widespread pirating of music off the internet has caused closing of a large number of retail music outlets.

Funny how things have a habit of coming around to bite, eh? :w00t:

I'm sure others have funny stories about getting anticipated cds, but I went pretty far this morning.  I went to get the new NIN record (even though I've had a burnt copy for weeks) at 12 midnight and our local store didn't have the copies they were supposed to have.  They didn't come in.  So what do I do?  I drive 15 miles each way into Michigan to go to another store at almost 1 am to get my damn cd.

I just didn't feel like waiting around for it all day and then not being able to get it when I expected to.

Hopefully it debuts at number 1 this next week.  It's a great album.

326438[/snapback]

I once drove to another country for a CD. From Buffalo I drove to Niagara Falls, Ontario to purchase the Canadian release of Danko Jones "We Sweat Blood".

You?  No way.

326707[/snapback]

Well, it was over 15 years ago! Now, the most I have to drink is when I visit all the relatives and friends in Buffalo. They all offer me several beers while I'm at their house.

Yeah I understand noballs.  Major recording artists don't come to your area.  I'm not sure indoor plumbing has arrived there yet either.  You aren't presented with opportunities to meet major recording artists.  I can understand your jealousy.

326997[/snapback]

Was that really necessary? This is exactly the kind of thing you jumped on people about back when everyone was agreeing to make the board a better place to hang out. If you can't take a joke like he made, then there's something larger at work there.

Was that really necessary? This is exactly the kind of thing you jumped on people about back when everyone was agreeing to make the board a better place to hang out. If you can't take a joke like he made, then there's something larger at work there.

327328[/snapback]

Well if he would just let the fact that I don't like Sean May go and leave it at that, I would leave him alone.

He should take his own class it sounds like.

I'm not going to be happy until Trent Reznor takes a dump in BF's shoe and the latter is on CNN selling his crayola drawn comic book about the experience.

327080[/snapback]

HAHAHA.

I doubt it.

If you guys knew one of my friends you would think I'm a casual NIN fan. He owns thousands of dollars of NIN imports and bootlegs and shirts. He has every release times about 10 (whatever country it was released in he bought it from).

It's unbelieveable.

Well, it was over 15 years ago! Now, the most I have to drink is when I visit all the relatives and friends in Buffalo. They all offer me several beers while I'm at their house.

I think that's everybody's family up there. I was home last weekend for my cousin's funeral and everywhere we went somebody offered me beer. <_< All I get down here in NC is a water or iced tea...Southern Hospitality is overrated.