The main reason we are a 7-5 team and not a 10-2 one at this time.

Italian Bills

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're not losing because we're "soft". 

We're losing because we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid drive killing penalties and errors of execution - dropped passes and fumbles and sacks are the most visible errors of execution, but there are less-visible, similar errors of technique on defense.

THAT is the dictionary definition of the other side of the paradigm. When you aren’t hard and disciplined, you do stupid, stupid things! Enough to kill drives, turn over drives and kill games into Losses!

The great teams don’t do this or if so- rarely! Go back and look at Peyton Manning’s Colts in their heyday. He had that O Line in the No Huddle and lined up for 30 seconds- like statues! The Bills this year have made multiple boneheaded moves in every loss!

And Doughball & McD are intricately involved in some substandard decision making- ALL in evidence on Monday Night! This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts, but McD couldn’t fathom that.

He got schooled by Billy. And Dumball with the NO designed Running Plays for Allen?

Preposterously stupid and soft!

39 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

THAT is the dictionary definition of the other side of the paradigm. When you aren’t hard and disciplined, you do stupid, stupid things! Enough to kill drives, turn over drives and kill games into Losses!

The great teams don’t do this or if so- rarely! Go back and look at Peyton Manning’s Colts in their heyday. He had that O Line in the No Huddle and lined up for 30 seconds- like statues! The Bills this year have made multiple boneheaded moves in every loss!

And Doughball & McD are intricately involved in some substandard decision making- ALL in evidence on Monday Night! This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts, but McD couldn’t fathom that.

He got schooled by Billy. And Dumball with the NO designed Running Plays for Allen?

Preposterously stupid and soft!

I see that "soft" is gonna be one of those terms like "franchise QB" that turn out to mean whatever the author wants them to mean.

To most of us, "hard" is not a synonym for disciplined, and "soft" is not a synonym for "undisciplined".

A team can be disciplined and crisp in their play - routes, coverage etc - but yet play "soft" in that they give the opposing offense a cushion and don't get push off the LOS on offense or make receiving plays against "sticky" coverage on.

A team can be undisciplined and sloppy in their play - sloppy in their routes, don't get their toes down, lots of penalties - etc etc - and yet be a hard, physical team that moves the DL around in space, stuffs the opponents OL, hits hard, and so forth.

Not to break into your rant with some facts, but if it weren't a game to kick field goals, the Pats would have won it 8 to 7 instead of 14 to 10, since they kicked two field goals and we kicked one.  So perhaps the reason McDermott couldn't fathom "This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts" was because it wasn't true.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't understand how someone watches a football game or games and concludes the team isn't "mentally and physically tough" enough.

How in the world would an outsider to the team make that conclusion?  What are you basing it on?

We were in the red zone a lot on MNF, near the end, and just couldn't score a TD.  We were maybe 1 or 2 passes away from winning the game.

But the team (all of them?) isn't mentally tough enough? That's the problem?

👎

You seem like a crabby guy on the board.

Mentally tough lets see, maybe flags is my example. 

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't understand how someone watches a football game or games and concludes the team isn't "mentally and physically tough" enough.

How in the world would an outsider to the team make that conclusion?  What are you basing it on?

We were in the red zone a lot on MNF, near the end, and just couldn't score a TD.  We were maybe 1 or 2 passes away from winning the game.

But the team (all of them?) isn't mentally tough enough? That's the problem?

👎

You seem like a crabby guy so I'll keep it short.

Mentally tough. Have you not seen the flags this team gets?

Knox will be my example from the other night since you brought that game in. That was not mentally tough.

Just block me there's plenty of people you can bring the negative energy to. ty

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

You seem like a crabby guy on the board.

Mentally tough lets see, maybe flags is my example

You seem like a crabby guy so I'll keep it short.

Mentally tough. Have you not seen the flags this team gets?

Knox will be my example from the other night since you brought that game in. That was not mentally tough.

Just block me there's plenty of people you can bring the negative energy to. ty

Since you brought up penalties, did you notice we had a relatively low 3 penalties for 20 yards, while New England had 6 for 47?

I guess they are really not mentally tough!  But wait, they won! 

I would ask how that fits into your scheme of things, but you don't have one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.