With so many "busts", is it possible they're not being correctly coached?

Gisele

Once you have the QB you should trade down at every opportunity.  The draft is pure luck. None of the GMs know anymore than any of the others. Just get more bites at the apple. That's the only way to succeed. 

If the Jets had taken Allen, Beane almost assuredly takes Darnold or Rosen and he would have already lost his job. 

17 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think the defense is pretty much how they want it.  They can live with getting gashed on ground occasionally. Defense 95% of time gives team chance to win game.  

Offense is different story.  I’d love to hear the conversations Beane, McDermott, and Daboll have about what happened with Wyatt Teller.  Epic Fail there.  

It's not an epic fail by any means on offense. But yeah, wildly inconsistent.

I think we have to start wondering how they're going to improve the WR room next year, and whether they need another TE. Diggs is sensational, but after that we're not seeing any real game breakers. 

As for Teller, I don't think it's a mystery. It's one of those things that happen sometimes. Sometimes guys who have looked decent for a while hit a tipping point and improve a lot. That's what happened with Teller, it's pretty clear. Thing is, it's only on a small percentage of guys who are decent for a while that it happens. And it's not really predictable until it happens.

The OL needs a bunch of work obviously, but how much? Will Dawkins be back to his normal pre-Covid excellent self next year? Or is this a permanent thing? Daryl Williams was very good last year and much less so this year. Why? Will he be better again?

From the outside, there's no way to know how much of this is repairable.

Some of it I think is talent.  I still think its mostly coaching.  Some of the players come on the team and do well then regress.  Some players leave the team and improve elsewhere.  That is a sure sign of coaching IMO.  Literally everyone on our o line has regressed.  How many have improved in anything?

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.