Anything new to report (Everett injury)?

But please, it's not like Lou Gherig standing up and making the "Luckiest Man" speech....

Wrasslin is FAKE!!

:blink:

325750[/snapback]

Back around 1982 when I was all in to watching wresting on TBS down here in the ATL, I sat down at the dinner table on night trying to figure out what words to use on my father. I said, "Dad, Buzz Sawyer is going to be wrestling Tommy Rich at the Omni in two weeks....can we go see it? Whoever loses is going to get his head shaved!" My dad looked at me and said, "nah, that stuff is all fake". What followed was one of those childhood moments where even though you're like ten years old, you THINK that your parents are just clueless about something and don't get it. I was pretty shocked at his assertion that this stuff was all fake, so I turned and walked back to my room....broken and confused lol.

I honestly don't recall how I eventually learned to accept the fact that it was actually fixed, but it never stopped me from trying to get my dad to take us to see them in person. He eventually gave in around 1986 when we moved to Rochester and the WWF was consistently at the War Memorial. I wore a shirt that said, "Roddy Piper! Real Men Don't Wear Skirts!"......it got so much attention from those around us in the stands that my dad never took me again. Of course, one of the 'Islanders' getting into a shouting match, full of F-bombs, with a group of bikers and their women in the floor seats didn't really help promote that 'family atmosphere'....oh well :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the injury to Everett might not be the biggest loss as he is a rookie and all -- a guy who needed a year to study the playbook and learn from the vets. But the bottom line is we just lost our third round pick for the year. This is bad.

We should all be sitting here celebrating Roscoe's weekend and laughing at Winslow. Instead...

325764[/snapback]

Our third round pick last year was Anderson and he was inactive for 12 games. I know its a little different, as he doesn't have the kind of players Anderson had playing in front of him, but its not a huge loss for the Bills. I feel more sorry for Everett himself than I do the Bills.

I guess my real question is this: Will Everett's salary for 2005 still count against the Bills' cap? Not to be insensitive...

325727[/snapback]

When you put a player on IR, then his salary is wiped off the cap for the season...so no if we IR him it shouldnt count...

not that it matters that much, the cap hit for a 3rd rounder is usually minimal...

Our third round pick last year was Anderson and he was inactive for 12 games.  I know its a little different, as he doesn't have the kind of players Anderson had playing in front of him, but its not a huge loss for the Bills.  I feel more sorry for Everett himself than I do the Bills.

325809[/snapback]

Yeah thats the way I feel right now. I think that Campbell and Euhus will rebound nicely from their injuries (or at least one of them will) and we'll be alright at TE. We wont get many catches from either of them, but they are both good blockers and will help open up our run game, and could contribute a few red zone TDs for Losman.

I feel really bad for Everett though, poor guy had a shot here and got it taken away from him. Hopefully he'll come back in 2006.

That was me Campy....

325795[/snapback]

As I said to ajzepp, "Oh I know, and that's cool. But he is a Navy guy - he had to know he was going to get ragged-on for that thread!"

Don't take any of it heart, it's all busting chops - which is pretty much all we do at the TBD Tailgates.

Yes ... LINK

325867[/snapback]

I just got a Bills Direct Alert on it, too. I guess its official now. I guess any minute now someone will chime in with a V Coach alert. Good thing the Bills are really getting the news out there quickly. :blink:

Our third round pick last year was Anderson and he was inactive for 12 games.  I know its a little different, as he doesn't have the kind of players Anderson had playing in front of him, but its not a huge loss for the Bills.  I feel more sorry for Everett himself than I do the Bills.

325809[/snapback]

I had a feeling it wasn't good when you heard about how swollen his knee was yesterday. The bad thing is, unlike JP who got in the mini camps and most of training camp before getting hurt, Everett only got part of 1 practice under his belt before getting injured.

I don't think that Everett was going to come in and be the #1 TE this year, but the Bills staff talked about him as someone who could come in on certain formations and be a factor in the passing game.

Assuming they are 100% at the start of the season, I still believe that Campbell & Euhus can be an effective duo at the position.

Damn. About a full year of rehab? Maybe he will

help us come 2007.

326203[/snapback]

Bills | Agent Speaks About Everett - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 15:18:57 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports agent Brian Overstreet said Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett (knee) is hopeful of playing again this season, but Everett will be out at least until September or October. "The good news is that it's a perfectly clean tear and it involved only one ligament," Overstreet said. "He could be back this year. Right now, we have to get him the surgery and get him back."

ESPN Linky: http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

"The Bills can put Everett on the physically-unable-to-perform list at the start of training camp, giving them the option of bringing him back by October without eating up a roster spot in the cutdown to 53 players. Everett hurt the knee when he jammed it into the turf on a non-contact play. The Bills might look to add a veteran such as Marcellus Rivers or Fred Baxter before camp. "

Bills | Agent Speaks About Everett - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 15:18:57 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports agent Brian Overstreet said Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett (knee) is hopeful of playing again this season, but Everett will be out at least until September or October. "The good news is that it's a perfectly clean tear and it involved only one ligament," Overstreet said. "He could be back this year. Right now, we have to get him the surgery and get him back."

326298[/snapback]

Good news. Thanks for the update.