Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Any examples of “democrats are starting to smarten up by moving more to center”? 

Giving the border attention.  National Guard in the subways. Less talking about green incentives.  Most of it is recent attempting to sway independents.  

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Giving the border attention.  National Guard in the subways. Less talking about green incentives.  Most of it is recent attempting to sway independents.  

So here in the last few days and weeks democrats are smartening up and moving to center with an election-driven border concern and with Kathy Hochul sending the guard into the NYC subway. This is your argument? Good heavens man. 

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

So here in the last few days and weeks democrats are smartening up and moving to center with an election-driven border concern and with Kathy Hochul sending the guard into the NYC subway. This is your argument? Good heavens man. 

The dismal poll numbers on issues the Dems have been pushing have forced them to move more toward Repub positions.  Hell even a 15-16 weeks abortion limit is being talked about by Repubs like Pence and Trump, whereas before it was "ban abortion outright."

22 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Like Doc said, they're reacting to polls.  That's not really an argument from me, that's politics.  

27 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Like Doc said, they're reacting to polls.  That's not really an argument from me, that's politics.  

Why didn’t you just start with “democrats are reacting to polls” instead of starting with “democrats are beginning to smarten up”? You seem desperate to give your preferred side credit when they’ve done nothing to earn it since Jan 2021. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Why didn’t you just start with “democrats are reacting to polls” instead of starting with “democrats are beginning to smarten up”? You seem desperate to give your preferred side credit when they’ve done nothing to earn it since Jan 2021. 

Doing the right thing about crime and the border isn't smartening up?  How is saying they weren't doing the right thing desperate to give them credit?  My preferred side will always be doing the one that's doing what's best, whichever side that may be.  Now hopefully the MAGA nutters going on about in vitro being a child will look at the polls and smarten up.

33 minutes ago, daz28 said:

They're realizing their far-left policies haven't been working.  That's not "smartening up," it's self-preservation.  So, again, they're moving more towards Repub positions.  But they still can't bring themselves to get there and that's why the polls look the way they do.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

They're realizing their far-left policies haven't been working.  That's not "smartening up," it's self-preservation.  So, again, they're moving more towards Repub positions.  But they still can't bring themselves to get there and that's why the polls look the way they do.

You can call it whatever you want. The far left AND far right policies aren't working, and Americans are paying the price.  It's almost like you're pretending I have a say in the game, and am somewhat responsible.  I don't and I'm not.  

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Doing the right thing about crime and the border isn't smartening up?  How is saying they weren't doing the right thing desperate to give them credit?  My preferred side will always be doing the one that's doing what's best, whichever side that may be.  Now hopefully the MAGA nutters going on about in vitro being a child will look at the polls and smarten up.

Sorry but no credit can be given. The border has been an all out disaster on Biden’s watch. That dems are now pretending they care about it is as transparent as it gets. You keep biting though. 

Dems doing the right thing about crime based solely on Hochul and the NYC subway. As the spry for his age President would say “c’mon man”. 

How many weeks passed between the cop-beating illegals being released without repercussion by the democrat-dominated NYC “justice” department and democrats doing the right thing about crime? 

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You can call it whatever you want. The far left AND far right policies aren't working, and Americans are paying the price.  It's almost like you're pretending I have a say in the game, and am somewhat responsible.  I don't and I'm not.  

Few of us have any say in the game when it comes down to it, except for those in swing states.  I'm in a blue state so/and my vote for Trump won't matter ultimately.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Sorry but no credit can be given. The border has been an all out disaster on Biden’s watch. That dems are now pretending they care about it is as transparent as it gets. You keep biting though. 

Dems doing the right thing about crime based solely on Hochul and the NYC subway. As the spry for his age President would say “c’mon man”. 

How many weeks passed between the cop-beating illegals being released without repercussion by the democrat-dominated NYC “justice” department and democrats doing the right thing about crime? 

It's also transparent that the republicans are loving how this makes Biden look, and are happy to keep it that way.  Hardly anything has been done about immigration in 40 years, but this is now all of a sudden ALL Bidens fault.  LOL.  Obama tried to address the issue.  As for crime, red states aren't much better if at all, but it's all blamed on 'democrat cities'(ala Fox news).  Your last part is just mixing the first 2, and pretending it's ALL democrats fault again.  You need to get off the red sideline, and start asking them what they're doing to make things better.  Crying, "it's the democrat's fault" clearly isn't working.   

• Awesome! (+1) 2

It's also transparent that the republicans are loving how this makes Biden look, and are happy to keep it that way.  Hardly anything has been done about immigration in 40 years, but this is now all of a sudden ALL Bidens fault.  LOL.  Obama tried to address the issue.  As for crime, red states aren't much better if at all, but it's all blamed on 'democrat cities'(ala Fox news).  Your last part is just mixing the first 2, and pretending it's ALL democrats fault again.  You need to get off the red sideline, and start asking them what they're doing to make things better.  Crying, "it's the democrat's fault" clearly isn't working.   

Your original claim that “democrats have started to smarten up” is ludicrous. You have equivocated on it so much tonight that you likely realize as much, but in an orange man fashion, can never admit as much. 

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Your original claim that “democrats have started to smarten up” is ludicrous. You have equivocated on it so much tonight that you likely realize as much, but in an orange man fashion, can never admit as much. 

Keep hanging on that all you want, but I explained why.  

8 hours ago, daz28 said:

Keep hanging on that all you want, but I explained why.  

As I said earlier, having to change your position because your policies were bad and the public is starting to turn on you isn't "smart."  It's being forced to change. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

As I said earlier, having to change your position because your policies were bad and the public is starting to turn on you isn't "smart."  It's being forced to change. 

True, but that's how politics works, and this is PPP. 

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

True, but that's how politics works, and this is PPP. 

So it's "politically" smart to start espousing actually smart ideas.  Got it.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

So it's "politically" smart to start espousing actually smart ideas.  Got it.

Do you know who Frank Lutz is?  This is nothing new at all.  It's been going on for like 40+ years.  Not only do they find their voters by what issues they present, but also the best way to present the issue to get the voters.  Again, it seems you're blaming me for the reality of the situation. 

Do you know who Frank Lutz is?  This is nothing new at all.  It's been going on for like 40+ years.  Not only do they find their voters by what issues they present, but also the best way to present the issue to get the voters.  Again, it seems you're blaming me for the reality of the situation. 

Sorry but I am not and have not blamed you for the situation, outside of voting for people who are truly to blame.  And yes I know who Frank Lutz is.  Seems like a decent guy.  But to quote Marv "you start taking advice from the fans, you end up sitting with them."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry but I am not and have not blamed you for the situation, outside of voting for people who are truly to blame.  And yes I know who Frank Lutz is.  Seems like a decent guy.  But to quote Marv "you start taking advice from the fans, you end up sitting with them."

I think you said you were in the same boat as me in that your vote is pretty much worthless, because you're not in a swing state, so AGAIN, don't blame me.  At first I HATED Lutz for what he was doing to politics.  I've since realized don't hate the player, but hate the game.