Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

Imagine Biden being weaker than a Frenchman. Effing sad. 

French troop were recently kicked out of Niger so they need to find a new mission to keep busy. When they start taking casualties let's see what happens.

Its obvious what Biden's "waiting for", the election to pass. In the meantime, maybe he can send DeNiro to threaten Putin. That should have the Russians shaking in their booties.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

24 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In the absence of a set of balls in the White House, I stand with Macron. Together we rue the weakness on display at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Join us! 

I think the Europeans should fight and fund their own battles. Its 79 years since WW2 ended. The US military has committed troops and equipment funded almost entirely by the US taxpayer to the tune of trillions of dollars to defend Europe. Let them fund their own defense. I can name a dozen domestic priorities that can use those funds for a better purpose, a purpose to address the needs of Americans. Meanwhile, Congress of both parties obviously doesn't work for the American taxpayer which begs the question who do they work for? Looks like defense contractors, the Pentagon, and the Intelligence community. Time for a new vision. That's why they're crapping their pants over the potential for Trump 2.0. He might derail their gravy train. That's all they care about. Truth is they don't care about Ukraine or Ukrainians or democracy. If they all die its just the business of Empire.

We're not doing anything special here. We're just committing capital and resources to producing weapons. The Europeans can do that for themselves.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

In the absence of a set of balls in the White House, I stand with Macron. Together we rue the weakness on display at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Join us! 

Ok! Let's go Joe!

You must really hate Trump's position on this war

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the Europeans should fight and fund their own battles. Its 79 years since WW2 ended. The US military has committed troops and equipment funded almost entirely by the US taxpayer to the tune of trillions of dollars to defend Europe. Let them fund their own defense. I can name a dozen domestic priorities that can use those funds for a better purpose, a purpose to address the needs of Americans. Meanwhile, Congress of both parties obviously doesn't work for the American taxpayer which begs the question who do they work for? Looks like defense contractors, the Pentagon, and the Intelligence community. Time for a new vision. That's why they're crapping their pants over the potential for Trump 2.0. He might derail their gravy train. That's all they care about. Truth is they don't care about Ukraine or Ukrainians or democracy. If they all die its just the business of Empire.

We're not doing anything special here. We're just committing capital and resources to producing weapons. The Europeans can do that for themselves.

Putin agrees, He totally wants us to stab our friends in the back

Great policy, if you hate freedom

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok! Let's go Joe!

You must really hate Trump's position on this war

Putin agrees, He totally wants us to stab our friends in the back

Great policy, if you hate freedom

I'm concerned with what's best for Americans. Our freedoms, our country. I'm not concerned with babysitting every arrangement and dispute between every other country on the planet. They're fully capable of making decisions and holding discussions and handling their affairs without our help or interference. I'm not going to support the approach we base every strategic and tactical decision and policy on what is good or not good for Putin. Its what's good for us that matters. Basing your policies on what's good or not good for a foe and ignoring your own needs is for lack of a better word, STUPID. 

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm concerned with what's best for Americans. Our freedoms, our country. I'm not concerned with babysitting every arrangement and dispute between every other country on the planet. They're fully capable of making decisions and holding discussions and handling their affairs without our help or interference. I'm not going to support the approach we base every strategic and tactical decision and policy on what is good or not good for Putin. Its what's good for us that matters. Basing your policies on what's good or not good for a foe and ignoring your own needs is for lack of a better word, STUPID. 

So throwing away allies to Russian aggression is what's best for us?

No, that's what is best for Putin. United we stand, and you understand, divided we fall. That's your position

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

So throwing away allies to Russian aggression is what's best for us?

No, that's what is best for Putin. United we stand, and you understand, divided we fall. That's your position

You're not seeing it right. You lack the ability to see the situation objectively. My minding your own business approach is better because our meddling and interference in Ukraine's internal affairs through the efforts of Nuland created the conditions for the conflict. Once she resumed her duties at State in 2021 to pick up where they left off when Obama left office it was clearly telegraphed, at least to me, that a conflict was coming. You can disagree, and I'm sure you will, but that's only because you refuse to accept the first punch was thrown before the Russians made their move. The conditions for war started when the Maidan coup removed the President. I guess doing it differently and allowing 500K people that are now dead to live their lives doesn't appeal to you.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're not seeing it right. You lack the ability to see the situation objectively. My minding your own business approach is better because our meddling and interference in Ukraine's internal affairs through the efforts of Nuland created the conditions for the conflict. Once she resumed her duties at State in 2021 to pick up where they left off when Obama left office it was clearly telegraphed, at least to me, that a conflict was coming. You can disagree, and I'm sure you will, but that's only because you refuse to accept the first punch was thrown before the Russians made their move. The conditions for war started when the Maidan coup removed the President. I guess doing it differently and allowing 500K people that are now dead to live their lives doesn't appeal to you.

Like Putin, you want us to ditch our allies. What else is there to get?

Just now, Tiberius said:

Like Putin, you want us to ditch our allies. What else is there to get?

Ukraine isn't and never was our ally. Its a paid bribe to the country's leaders for an arrangement of convenience and a pawn to be sacrificed in an effort against Russia with a goal of inhibiting any economic and political integration of Western Europe and Russia. A failed effort.

Its severely damaged the economies of western Europe and overall done more to weaken our side than the enemy. Its facilitated an arrangement of necessity between China and Russia. 2 against 1.

You tell me where in the world our influence is greater now than when Biden took office? Africa, Asia,the Middle East, South America? None of those places. You better wake up from your obsession with Putin and take a look around. We're screwed and this crew of Democrats and Republicans in Washington have no clue. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Ukraine isn't and never was our ally. Its a paid bribe to the country's leaders for an arrangement of convenience and a pawn to be sacrificed in an effort against Russia with a goal of inhibiting any economic and political integration of Western Europe and Russia. A failed effort.

Its severely damaged the economies of western Europe and overall done more to weaken our side than the enemy. Its facilitated an arrangement of necessity between China and Russia. 2 against 1.

You tell me where in the world our influence is greater now than when Biden took office? Africa, Asia,the Middle East, South America? None of those places. You better wake up from your obsession with Putin and take a look around. We're screwed and this crew of Democrats and Republicans in Washington have no clue. 

No, the free nations are by definition, our friends. I get you want republics crushed to make it easier for Putin. But appeasement failed in the 1930's and the lesson was learned.

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, the free nations are by definition, our friends. I get you want republics crushed to make it easier for Putin. But appeasement failed in the 1930's and the lesson was learned.

If you want to define "appeasement" as negotiation and compromise vs. getting your way with everything while demanding everyone follow your rules or else then go ahead. And this isn't the depression era 1930's.  Its the 2020's and there are far more differences between that time and today than there are similarities. So its a false comparison that leads to incorrect choices.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If you want to define "appeasement" as negotiation and compromise vs. getting your way with everything while demanding everyone follow your rules or else then go ahead. And this isn't the depression era 1930's.  Its the 2020's and there are far more differences between that time and today than there are similarities. So its a false comparison that leads to incorrect choices.  

Letting Russia keep Uk's territory? What's to negotiate with an aggressor? How much land they can take?

Russia is attacking, that's the only issue. Your pro-Kremlin position is how much Russia can steal

No thank you

• Eyeroll 1