Starting December neck and neck with NE

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The Bill's might struggle. Almost shut down Henry his big td run helped out big time in yards. The Bill's didn't have Edmunds (best tackler on Bills), star (run defender), Harrison Phillips played injuried Colts game, Vernon Butler is awful.  Could be part of scheme as well. But anyways it is too soon to say awful vs run. They'll likely get better.  

All teams find weakness. When team's find Jones can he overcome? Like teams did to Mahomes and Allen this year. Both are doing much better.  I like Mac think he is having a great rookie year. Would be good for him if he turns well for you guys.  Too early to say he is a (great) QB yet.

I should have said both teams have been terrible against the run especially in losses.

Jones right now is the best IMO he can be. He isn’t the freak athlete of Mahomes, or the Cannon arm of Allen.  His skill set is accuracy and being extremely smart.  Some say he has a weak arm, but how would you know? The pats playbook has always been short to intermediate passes.   That said when D figure him out if and when he gets to the top 10 level.. we’ll that’s a good issue worry about them lol first let’s see if he is as good as every Pat fan hopes.  

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I doubt you watch many Pats games. What makes me THINK he has a much higher ceiling is simply how he looks after a mistake. He doesn’t dwell on it and he moves forward and continues to fight. The best example I have of this was when he threw the pick 6 against Dallas (Diggs) the very next play he threw right at Diggs again for a hugs TD pass to get the Pats the lead back.. that’s a trait you can’t teach being able move on from a mistake.. He also seems to be reading defenses better every week, heck he was better at it by week 3 than Cam was all last year. (He literally called out Cleveland when he saw them line up said “You got us this time”)

Now will he ever be a huge game breaker with his feet? No but I see his football smarts and the ability to read the D better and get the right play called at the line. But again only time will tell. 

I hear ya and you have good points.

That said, coming back from a mistake doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be special. Many game managers can also come back from a mistake. They not only come back from a mistake but they limit them.

I could definitely be wrong, and again I’m not making a prediction, but at this point he doesn’t seem to scream, “I’m a QB that can win you the game if needed”. Even when JA was struggling in his first year, there were moments where he was revealing that, if it eventually clicked, he could be a QB that could win you the game if needed.

Edited by BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I hear ya and you have good points.

That said, coming back from a mistake doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be special. Many game managers can also come back from a mistake. They not only come back from a mistake but they limit them.

I could definitely be wrong, and again I’m not making a prediction, but at this point he doesn’t seem to scream, “I’m a QB that can win you the game if needed”. Even when JA was playing worse in his first year than Mac Jones is, there were moments where he was revealing that, if it eventually clicked, he could be a QB that could win you the game if needed.

JA was RAW coming out of college, I was shocked he played his rookie year. I didn’t see many games but he had that flash of someone who could be great.

When I watch Jones, in 4 losses he led the team on drives that got derailed.. 1. Miami driving down the field and Harris fumbles (it happens but not his fault)  2. Saints - His Worst game as a rookie still in the 4th quarter drives the team down and gets them to with a TD. Then he doesn’t see the ball again.  TB - drives the team down, and BB goes for a long FG instead of for it on 4th and 3.  Dallas — was in a literal shoot out with Dac and lost in OT.. (did give the team the lead w less than a minute to go) what I am seeing is a QB even against elite teams who has shown flashes of that “it” factor to win games on that last drive of the 4th quarter. Hard point any victories because well most of those been blow outs. 

Now I could be wrong and this is poof gone next year but right now I am seeing someone who has the potential be a great clutch QB. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Some say he has a weak arm, but how would you know? The pats playbook has always been short to intermediate passes. 

He never threw that deep in Bama either and the short passing is not their norm. He has had a weak arm his whole career. Can't all of a sudden turn his arm into a cannon. He is limited in that sense.

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

He never threw that deep in Bama either and the short passing is not their norm. He has had a weak arm his whole career. Can't all of a sudden turn his arm into a cannon. He is limited in that sense.

He may not have a cannon but he can complete deep passes. I remember another thread I thought it was 40+ but they say it was like 32 in the air (perfectly) to Bourne in less than 3 seconds in the pocket. Now I know some can throw it 60+ but to complete that your QB going to have to have a ton of time, I mean how many get 4-5 seconds? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.