Starting December neck and neck with NE

BillsFan619

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

hoping for health, stability and continuity, example the O-line is once again beset by injuries and COVID where Brown has made only 4 starts, Feliciano out for several Dawkins recovery from COVID and then weak guard play...on the D-line Star has missed 4 games as well and Edmunds two...

I still have hope for the O-line, for all of the reasons you mentioned.  If Brown can come back & stay healthy, and both Feliciano & Dawkins can get back to their previous form - it will make a huge difference.  And I'm not saying we'll be amazing, but it won't be a liability.

Those aren't crazy ifs. I hope that it can be a surprise to all of us as we head into the final stretch.

20 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If we want to be the cream of the AFC,   go out and win next Monday night.  Not much more to it than that.  Will also be sweeter to beat the Pats and their bandwagon fans when they think they have a shot.

Yup! It’s all right in front of them. Now go get it!

2 hours ago, Success said:

They're like the villain in a bad slasher flick sequel. You always think it's over, but they keep coming.

🤣😜

That was a GREAT and funny analogy. Awesome, bro.

On a positive note, there’s only so many sequels you can make with the same slasher villain. 😜🤣

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills have the better QB. Pats have the better coach. We will learn a lot about this team and probably this entire organization on Monday. People think I'm ridiculous with my McDermott takes but McDermott needs to prove he can win these type of games.

I was impressed and gave him his props for the Baltimore playoff win. That was his zone defense dropping 7 and rushing 4 that produced the second biggest play in franchise history. 

Hope he and Allen rise up to the challenge.

What else do we want but our franchise QB in big games?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just win next Monday and figure the rest out.

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

I see both Buffalo and New England finishing 11-6. The head-to-head matchups and how Patriots do against Miami is what will determine the division.

I see Buffalo splitting with NE and a close game against TB.

Miami is playing better lately and seems to always give NE drama. So that's a positive.

The current situation reminds me of the 90's Superbowl teams and, at the time, having to play our arch-enemy the Dolphins in the playoffs. Many of us had PTSD from the Dolphins dominating us in the 70's. We always felt damn, not Shula and Marino again. But, we prevailed and the Superbowl era teams never had any fear of the Dolphins. 

This is where Josh and company need to be as well. Screw the Patriots and Belichick and let's write our own ticket. Great teams rise to the challenge. There is real talent on this team and we need to clear any linger Patriots PTSD once and for all!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Well, the AFCE comes down to December. Unless something really weird happens to either team, it specifically comes down to two games against NE in 20 days. With all of the struggles and disappointments we had mid-season, what an opportunity we have before us.

That said, by how some are responding , you'd think we don't even have a chance at the division. Yes, we've struggled but we are still a really good team. And, we still have everything in front of us to win this division (and more). I get it, it's the Pats. The PTSD is probably still fresh for some since they dominated for so long. We all wanted them to stay in the AFCE cellar once Brady moved on to the Bucs. And last year was amazing, because for once, we played the part that the Pats usually played against us. We pulled one out and then completely dominated them in Foxborough (I still love that our team made BB throw a phone - an instant classic). On top of that the competition wasn't close and we ran away with the division with a 13-3 record.

After a down year, the Pats are back (at least for this year) and we're starting December neck and neck with them. I know it's not who we wanted to contend with, but even two years ago, we as fans would've been begging to have the opportunity that's in front of us. That opportunity being two games against the Pats in December to most likely decide the division. That opportunity being that we control our own destiny heading into December. That opportunity being a chance for us to keep the AFCE crown in Buffalo and be the team that keeps it from being in Foxborough again.

We're a good team that struggled mid-season. The Pats struggled in the first part of the season and have unfortunately come into form and have been playing good ball. So, here we are. We cruised to the division title last year but most division titles in most years go down to the wire. It's something we as fans need to get used to. While it would've been nice to have a repeat of last year where the division came pretty easily to us, this is a good thing for our Bills. It keeps them focused. It reminds them that every game matters. And, it gives them the opportunity to show the Pats who's in charge in the AFCE.

Only time will tell if they take that opportunity but that time starts next Monday at home in front of the greatest, most loyal fans. It's time to go get it, Buffalo. Show them that it's not going to happen in our house, on your watch. Show them who the new king of the division is.

Go Bills!

Well, we let two teams take games from us in front of the home crowd with the colts loss being the worst so far this year. Why does an NFL team need something to stay focused after losing already to possibly the  second worst team in football ( jags)   Our schedule was a setup to have already been in command of the division.   Believe me, it is fortunate we are only 1/2 game behind the Pats but that’s not really a GOOD THING as they are being run by a ROOKIE QB, not a QB, with 4 years experience worth 250$ mil dollars!   If we were truly the new king , we should have not wasted two of those losses as true great teams have records that reflect the truth; as Parcells said, you are what your record says it is!   We have a chance to still  be the team we hoped we could be , but it’s going to be much tougher than it was expected for us as the year started. 

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

It's not neck and neck they already have an 8th win.

It's absolutely neck and neck they haven't even played yet.

I kind of like the drama, it's pretty unrealistic to just breeze through any division which seemed to be assumed by many in the media this off season. I can't remember if the Bills have ever really locked up the division with no competition, but I'm going to assume it didn't happen often if ever. I still think we have the better team. Monday night is easily the biggest game of the year so far, get excited. Thank god we didn't lay an egg in New Orleans.

Pressure is on the Bills more than the Pats by a lot.  Curious to see how they do.  What I heard all offseason and until 3 weeks ago was the division was a sure thing, a virtual guarantee for Buffalo.  Sal thought it could be wrapped up by next Monday's game.  The Pats cant win with Macorckel and his short passes.  The run game, good defense and short passing can only take you so far.  Meanwhile they are doing what they have done for 20 something years....limit mistakes, capitalize on  your mistakes, play sound in all phases.

8 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

The current situation reminds me of the 90's Superbowl teams and, at the time, having to play our arch-enemy the Dolphins in the playoffs. Many of us had PTSD from the Dolphins dominating us in the 70's. We always felt damn, not Shula and Marino again. But, we prevailed and the Superbowl era teams never had any fear of the Dolphins. 

This is where Josh and company need to be as well. Screw the Patriots and Belichick and let's write our own ticket. Great teams rise to the challenge. There is real talent on this team and we need to clear any linger Patriots PTSD once and for all!!

Shula and Marino where 80-90s. And they were our nemesis back then. We would swap games with them all the time. The Fins and Steelers were the main rivals to the Bills during those eras.

My similar thoughts last week in a different thread:

There have been a lot of disappointed Bills fans out there calling for Beane's, McD's, Daboll's, and/or Frazier's head.   A lot of it has to do with expectations.  We thought the AFC was ours this year and we'd prance through the season all the way to the Super Bowl.  Well, expectations are a deceptive b*tch.

Here's how I see it:  We're going into December, tied for the AFCE lead, with a critical game coming up against the Pats.  Compared to the sorry reality of a few years ago, this is a fantastical dream come true.  Meaningful games in December...  a real opportunity to take down the Pats - again...  I mean, this is really good stuff and I'm excited.  

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/236166-our-nemesis-the-new-england-patriots/

After worrying about the OL in the offseason, I started to think this was our year when we took down the Chiefs.   

Well, maybe not.  But this showdown with the Pats has me jazzed!  Can't wait till Monday!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.