Starting December neck and neck with NE

BillsFan619

Well, the AFCE comes down to December. Unless something really weird happens to either team, it specifically comes down to two games against NE in 20 days. With all of the struggles and disappointments we had mid-season, what an opportunity we have before us.

That said, by how some are responding , you'd think we don't even have a chance at the division. Yes, we've struggled but we are still a really good team. And, we still have everything in front of us to win this division (and more). I get it, it's the Pats. The PTSD is probably still fresh for some since they dominated for so long. We all wanted them to stay in the AFCE cellar once Brady moved on to the Bucs. And last year was amazing, because for once, we played the part that the Pats usually played against us. We pulled one out and then completely dominated them in Foxborough (I still love that our team made BB throw a phone - an instant classic). On top of that the competition wasn't close and we ran away with the division with a 13-3 record.

After a down year, the Pats are back (at least for this year) and we're starting December neck and neck with them. I know it's not who we wanted to contend with, but even two years ago, we as fans would've been begging to have the opportunity that's in front of us. That opportunity being two games against the Pats in December to most likely decide the division. That opportunity being that we control our own destiny heading into December. That opportunity being a chance for us to keep the AFCE crown in Buffalo and be the team that keeps it from being in Foxborough again.

We're a good team that struggled mid-season. The Pats struggled in the first part of the season and have unfortunately come into form and have been playing good ball. So, here we are. We cruised to the division title last year but most division titles in most years go down to the wire. It's something we as fans need to get used to. While it would've been nice to have a repeat of last year where the division came pretty easily to us, this is a good thing for our Bills. It keeps them focused. It reminds them that every game matters. And, it gives them the opportunity to show the Pats who's in charge in the AFCE.

Only time will tell if they take that opportunity but that time starts next Monday at home in front of the greatest, most loyal fans. It's time to go get it, Buffalo. Show them that it's not going to happen in our house, on your watch. Show them who the new king of the division is.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's the way we SHOULD want it.  Earn it in December, and with head-to-head wins.

But it's still a drag.  I knew it wouldn't always be an easy road to the division title, but I was hoping it would be us & either the Jets or Phins. 

BB is just too good. He'll have that team competitive as long as he's there. But we DO have the better team still.  And it will feel even better if they do prevail.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Unless we lose to the Jets, all we have to do is win one against the Pats and we would have the tie breaker for the division.  Besides the Bucs, our remaining schedule is easier than theirs.  

There is no reason to believe we won’t take care of business.  People talking about winning the East and I’m still expecting to get the one seed.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Unless we lose to the Jets, all we have to do is win one against the Pats and we would have the tie breaker for the division.  Besides the Bucs, our remaining schedule is easier than theirs.  

There is no reason to believe we won’t take care of business.  People talking about winning the East and I’m still expecting to get the one seed.  

Neither the Pats or Bills can assume anything an automatic W.  Pats almost lose to Texans, Bills lose to Jags.. point is neither team is good enough to just look past anyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Neither the Pats or Bills can assume anything an automatic W.  Pats almost lose to Texans, Bills lose to Jags.. point is neither team is good enough to just look past anyone. 

Who could possibly look past this game?  Winner almost certainly will win the Division, especially if Bills win.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I really thought we had better filter systems on this board to not all Pats fans on here 🤢🤮

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Who could possibly look past this game?  Winner almost certainly will win the Division, especially if Bills win.

We currently have better division record than pats.  We can win division if we split with them and have same number of losses elsewhere.  We can even lose to pats and TB if they lose to Indy it will be the next game w pats that decides the division.  I think we are the better team and should win next week, but if we do lose in a well played game it's not like the world is ending.

30 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Well, the AFCE comes down to December. Unless something really weird happens to either team, it specifically comes down to two games against NE in 20 days. With all of the struggles and disappointments we had mid-season, what an opportunity we have before us.

That said, by how some are responding , you'd think we don't even have a chance at the division. Yes, we've struggled but we are still a really good team. And, we still have everything in front of us to win this division (and more). I get it, it's the Pats. The PTSD is probably still fresh for some since they dominated for so long. We all wanted them to stay in the AFCE cellar once Brady moved on to the Bucs. And last year was amazing, because for once, we played the part that the Pats usually played against us. We pulled one out and then completely dominated them in Foxborough (I still love that our team made BB throw a phone - an instant classic). On top of that the competition wasn't close and we ran away with the division with a 13-3 record.

After a down year, the Pats are back (at least for this year) and we're starting December neck and neck with them. I know it's not who we wanted to contend with, but even two years ago, we as fans would've been begging to have the opportunity that's in front of us. That opportunity being two games against the Pats in December to most likely decide the division. That opportunity being that we control our own destiny heading into December. That opportunity being a chance for us to keep the AFCE crown in Buffalo and be the team that keeps it from being in Foxborough again.

We're a good team that struggled mid-season. The Pats struggled in the first part of the season and have unfortunately come into form and have been playing good ball. So, here we are. We cruised to the division title last year but most division titles in most years go down to the wire. It's something we as fans need to get used to. While it would've been nice to have a repeat of last year where the division came pretty easily to us, this is a good thing for our Bills. It keeps them focused. It reminds them that every game matters. And, it gives them the opportunity to show the Pats who's in charge in the AFCE.

Only time will tell if they take that opportunity but that time starts next Monday at home in front of the greatest, most loyal fans. It's time to go get it, Buffalo. Show them that it's not going to happen in our house, on your watch. Show them who the new king of the division is.

Go Bills!

Great post!  Nothing more to be said!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

Per usual, great thoughts, Virg.

I believe we have a good shot at the number one seed.

Edited by BillsFan619

44 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Go Bills!

This board more so then most has fans who are just perpetually unhappy there isn’t much you really can do about it they live their life for hatred of their own team and by extension Josh Allen since they have hated him since he was drafted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Per usual, great thoughts, Virg.

I also believe we have a good shot at the number one seed.

I played with the Playoff Machine.  We could win it at 12-5...if other games fall our way.  But by the same token, if we don't win one of our next two, we could be the 8th seed if other games don't fall our way.  There would need to be upsets.  I mentioned this in another thread and a couple posters laughed.  It's not funny...it is that precarious.

Actually Virgil said it best...we need to split with NE.  If we do it doesn't matter what we do in TB...presuming we beat the teams we should beat.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I played with the Playoff Machine.  We could win it at 12-5...if other games fall our way.  But by the same token, if we don't win one of our next two, we could be the 8th seed if other games don't fall our way.  There would need to be upsets.  I mentioned this in another thread and a couple posters laughed.  It's not funny...it is that precarious.

Actually Virgil said it best...we need to split with NE.  If we do it doesn't matter what we do in TB...presuming we beat the teams we should beat.

That’s wrong, because if you split with NE and lose to TB and NE wins out they win the division.  So in that case you need NE lose one more game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.