No more Tre, so what’s up now ? Nothing, some Team has bigger problems.

Italian Bills

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I keep reading this thread title with an Italian accent.

Weo singing. 😜

The Tre loss is not something we will easily recover, but there is little anyone can do anything about it.  It’s not like there is some all pro CB sitting there on the street.  Dane will have to step up.  We know our defense was built from the back forward, and we are meant to keep everything in front of us.  It’s not like our front four are world beaters.

I’ve always had a sense of pride between Tre, Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde that we had one of the best secondaries in the league (even with Wallace as he’s picked on way too much).  I also see Taron as a crack nickel corner.

We looked a lot different last year when Tre was out fir the TN game last year.  So most of you know me and I’d like to think I’m relatively positive about the Bills or at least pragmatic, but this one will affect our game Mgmt for the rest of the year.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's a blow for sure to this team but I don't think it means the defense is just going to fall apart because of it. They will simply not be able to do some of the things that Tre allowed them to do and will have to adjust. Probably will get beat downfield a little more often also.

At the end of the day, the offense is going to need to get it together and start playing more consistently. That's where the teams playoff and Super Bowl hopes lie...plenty of teams have won Super Bowls with key people out...

No excuses. Tre is a great player but he wasn't playing top 5 CB level in 2021.  Just use more zone and less man to man.  If Pats beat the Bills because White is out, then this team and in particular this coaching staff is even worse than I thought.  This is a SB caliber team with a MVP QB playing at home against a rookie QB.  The only way they lose is to be outcoached.  

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No excuses. Tre is a great player but he wasn't playing top 5 CB level in 2021.  Just use more zone and less man to man.  If Pats beat the Bills because White is out, then this team and in particular this coaching staff is even worse than I thought.  This is a SB caliber team with a MVP QB playing at home against a rookie QB.  The only way they lose is to be outcoached.  

Well…. with BB on the other side, McDermott being outcoached is something possible. For the Bills to win against the Pats on next MNF the offense must step up and play at another level compared at what we saw this year… and of course cutting all the turns and penalties we too much often have. 

1 hour ago, doubledd67 said:

Every Team in the NFL is facing key injuries so Bills fans let's stop with the excuses the next man up is on deck for every team in the NFL so know it comes down to to Coaching and McDermott and his staff needs to step up more down the stretch that is all

No more to add to your post. Agree every words. 

Edited by Italian Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.