Bills v. Saints Game Day Thread First Half - 11/25/21

Freddie's Dead

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He played fine first half. He just made two stupid mistakes. He has to get them out of his game again.

They weren't even stupid mistakes, imo.

One he's trying to feed his main man who he knows has hot legs tonight, the other he's getting contact on delivery.

He's been absolutely tack sharp outside those.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Still feel that way after 1 muff per 5 kicks?

Yes

The style difference in returner is what makes me feel more calm

Stevenson is catch the ball and go

Mckenzie is dance while catching the ball, dance for a second more, turn his back to the oncoming traffic, dance again and now go

It was one muff in his first game where he didn't even seem to panic when it happened. (Which could be very well have just been because of a lucky bounce)

53 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Yes

The style difference in returner is what makes me feel more calm

Stevenson is catch the ball and go

Mckenzie is dance while catching the ball, dance for a second more, turn his back to the oncoming traffic, dance again and now go

It was one muff in his first game where he didn't even seem to panic when it happened. (Which could be very well have just been because of a lucky bounce)

I don’t think that’s an objectively correct description of McKenzie.  No returner who did that would be 6th in the league for PR even with a handful of long returns called back

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think that’s an objectively correct description of McKenzie.  No returner who did that would be 6th in the league for PR even with a handful of long returns called back

Never did I say that it didnt return results because McKenzie is very dangerous as a return man, but what I described is what I see when he is back there

But I personally wouldn't have him back there and would much rather have a guy that is a bit more simplistic for this current team(give me chris Watson baby). I don't want to give opposing teams chances at big plays on special teams. How many times has mckenzie refused to fair catch it this year because he can dance? If its more than zero its too many

The risk vs reward for this current bills team isn't worth it. The bills are no longer in a position where the keys to the game are "hope the defense keeps it close and hit a big play"

10 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Never did I say that it didnt return results because McKenzie is very dangerous as a return man, but what I described is what I see when he is back there

Well, you do you.  It's not what I see back there and it's not objectively what's on film.

McKenzie got benched because he committed pretty much an unforgivable act of ball security - letting the ball come loose when he tripped and fell, without someone knocking it loose and without any excuse of the ball moving unpredictably in the wind and being difficult to track.

In the preseason, the consensus both from coaches (by their actions) and from media watching practices and fans watching games, was that McKenzie won the job by looking more comfortable and efficient and with fewer muffs.

We'll see what Stevenson can do now.

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, you do you.  It's not what I see back there and it's not objectively what's on film.

McKenzie got benched because he committed pretty much an unforgivable act of ball security - letting the ball come loose when he tripped and fell, without someone knocking it loose and without any excuse of the ball moving unpredictably in the wind and being difficult to track.

In the preseason, the consensus both from coaches (by their actions) and from media watching practices and fans watching games, was that McKenzie won the job by looking more comfortable and efficient and with fewer muffs.

We'll see what Stevenson can do now.

Is this true? The first game Stevenson was able to play he got the nod over mckenzie (at least the coaches part)

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.