Bills at Jets 10/17/88

Greg S

Since its Halloween this game was dubbed the famous pumpkin game. 41 incidents of improper behavior, 15 arrests, 56 ejections, fights all over the place in the stands. Jets fans lit paper hats of fire that they were giving out as well. This was the game which led  them to not serving alcohol after halftime. Game starts with about 6 minutes left in the 1st  quarter Bills up 10-0. Bills won 37-14.

https://youtu.be/bp659D-K4Es?t=34

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was a Monday night, I was there. Paper hats lit on fire  raining down from the stands. It was ugly.

Gastineu was dating Bridget neilson and there was a naked blow up doll getting bounced around the stands. This was my first trip to the meadowlands from upstate. Man, there were some drunk jets fans there.

Reminds me of the bills jets Monday night in orchard Park in 1983. Pretty sure that ended beer sales after halftime at the Ralph. A section by section fight broke out before halftime. It took until mid way thru the 3rd qt to reach my section, then all hell broke loose. Fun times, my date was impressed

• Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, dbmu1977 said:

It was a Monday night, I was there. Paper hats lit on fire  raining down from the stands. It was ugly.

Gastineu was dating Bridget neilson and there was a naked blow up doll getting bounced around the stands. This was my first trip to the meadowlands from upstate. Man, there were some drunk jets fans there.

Reminds me of the bills jets Monday night in orchard Park in 1983. Pretty sure that ended beer sales after halftime at the Ralph. A section by section fight broke out before halftime. It took until mid way thru the 3rd qt to reach my section, then all hell broke loose. Fun times, my date was impressed

To this day that was probably the rowdiest game I was ever at.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.