Sean McDermott is just killing it

Simon

He seems like a great delegator.

You put out the main message and goal/game plan  and let you coaching team implement it.

Then the coaches trust the players to execute it properly.

The players also accept responsibility when the game plan isn't properly executed or the team loses

Thats how great teams are built and the Bills are on their way to being a great team.

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

Perspective. I think HOF'er and 4 Superbowl appearances (and Grey Cup winner), Marv Levy, still gets my vote. Coach McD has been great, but lets give him a few years of sustained high level success before we crown him.

Also why do es anyone need to quantify to the extent of greatEST,  I would rather have 2 great coaches then needing to put them in a specific order.  I might flip flop between them depending on criteria du jour.  I guess that makes me decidedly on the pro analytics side.

And i also go with Marv as my all time favorite Bills coach at this time.  Sean hasn't finished his tenure yet to have a comparison he certainly is trending up at a steep pace..

However as I view Allen as my best ever Bills Qb over Kelly right now (based purely on athletic talent, Jim was good just can't outdo the CA nutty farm boy that is Josh Allen.  I know JA isn't really a nutty farm boy yet.  They say it takes a few years to get the first crop after planting his pistachio trees but its on its way.  

So I recognize that rating the coaches is gonna be skewed by the players that they coached as well as any accomplishments as far as wins, division titles, conference titles and ultimately SB titles. 

So no way to really judge best on purely ability as the variables are too influential for accuracy. 

This is in my humble and hungry opinion.  Still no place I'd rather be than right here, right now.  No Buffalo tables were harmed while making  this opinion.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.