Henry for Simon

Hopefully this wasn't posted yet..... I wouldn't mind this trade.

Henry for Simon being discussed

Bills Eagles Talking Trade undefined

The Buffalo Bills are looking into a possible trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, that would send disgruntled running back Travis Henry to the Eagles with a late round draft pick for defensive tackle Corey Simon. The NFC champions selected Southern California defensive tackle Mike Patterson in the first round to possibly replace Simon and are looking into acquiring Henry for a possible replacement to Brian Westbrook. The Bills, also are pretty thin at the defensive tackle position with losing Pat Williams to free agency and an unproven Ron Edwards being there projected starter opposite of Sam Adams. Both Brown and Henry are entering the last year in there contracts and would both teams would have to agree on an extension if a deal would be close to finalized

The Buffalo Bills are looking into a possible trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, that would send disgruntled running back Travis Henry to the Eagles with a late round draft pick for defensive tackle Corey Simon. The NFC champions selected Southern California defensive tackle Mike Patterson in the first round to possibly replace Simon and are looking into acquiring Henry for a possible replacement to Brian Westbrook. The Bills, also are pretty thin at the defensive tackle position with losing Pat Williams to free agency and an unproven Ron Edwards being there projected starter opposite of Sam Adams. Both Brown and Henry are entering the last year in there contracts and would both teams would have to agree on an extension if a deal would be close to finalized

322737[/snapback]

Who is this Brown guy?? I think they picked up this rumor from a thread here at TSW earlier this week. :angry:

Trading for the Corey Simon of two seasons ago for Henry and a late rounder would help wipe some of the egg of teflon Tom's face. The problem is... I'm not so sure the Corey Simon of today is a good deal because of his injuries. But then again, the Bills don't have many options left in regards to henry.

If Simon can still play up to the level he did two seasons ago, then the Bills might be back in business on defense.

Henry (+ late pick )for Simon would be one of the greatest heists of all time. I can't imagine Philly willingly making a trade like this unless TD had some very compromising photos of Lurie or Reid. Deal is done if he has them with each other.

Henry (+ late pick )for Simon would be one of the greatest heists of all time.  I can't imagine Philly willingly making a trade like this unless TD had some very compromising photos of Lurie or Reid.  Deal is done if he has them with each other.

322751[/snapback]

I think Philly would like to dump his salary, so that would make them a motivated trader. However, Simon would throw the Bills salary structure out of whack, even if they could free up some room to sign him by restructuring MW.

I think the Bills like Anderson and are going to give him every opportunity to win the job.

I think Philly would like to dump his salary, so that would make them a motivated trader.  However, Simon would throw the Bills salary structure out of whack, even if they could free up some room to sign him by restructuring MW. 

I think the Bills like Anderson and are going to give him every opportunity to win the job.

322759[/snapback]

Pro Football Central has slightly more credibility then Pro Football Talk, but PFC is still the source for the laughable "Seifert to Buffalo" rumor when we were looking for a new Head Coach, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I'll admit that if the Bills sign A-Train, then I think they've either got a trade with Philly or have just decided to release Henry.

It said the deal would require a restructure of both contracts. I think the article messed up and said "brown" instead of "Simon"

restructuring their contracts would remove the Cap problems Simon carries with him currently....

I think Philly would like to dump his salary, so that would make them a motivated trader.  However, Simon would throw the Bills salary structure out of whack, even if they could free up some room to sign him by restructuring MW.  

322759[/snapback]

He got a few lines in the local paper here for one day only, a month or two ago. Same as you say - $$$

restructuring their contracts would remove the Cap problems Simon carries with him currently....

322764[/snapback]

This guy wants beaucoup $$$$, so no matter how you want to structure it, he's going to take up meaningful cap room. For example, say he gets a 4-year contract with an $8 million signing bonus...that's $2 million per year in cap space alone, not even considering his salary and incentives. I'd pass...

It also sounds like Philly would like to move Simon for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, which tells me they'd give him away pretty easily:

http://ravens.scout.com/2/366966.html

I have a hard time believing this trade, While it makes sense for both teams.

The eagles need a rb that can carry the ball 20-25 times, and while westbrook is a nice little back especially receiving he's not as good of a runner as travis Henry.

The Bills need a dt with the departure of Pat Williams. Anderson is a virtual unknown and while Edwards did a good job recording 4 sacks last season I'm not sure he can be the presence in the middle that Pat Williams was.

Now with that said Corey Simon is one of the best dt's in the nfl to get him for travis henry and a late round pick would be one of the biggest heists at least on paper that I've seen in quite some time, and I'll have to see a source more credible than pro football central before I even get giddy about the idea.

322737[/snapback]

While it would be nice to have Simon, I just don't see it happening unfortunately :(