Training camp media and practice 8/16

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I know Bills defense will obviously be "vanilla" , but still curious to see the sneak peek of how Fields will do and what Bills D may throw at him. 

Nagy is finally giving him practice reps with the 1s. All this time he’s never had a chance to throw to Allen Robinson. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nagy is finally giving him practice reps with the 1s. All this time he’s never had a chance to throw to Allen Robinson. 

He should start right out of the gate, no point in Dalton starting as they won't get anything from him and Nagy is basically coaching for his job.

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Guess maybe he felt a little bit of pressure since he did pretty good over the weekend.

According to Nagy, he said this was always the plan, to give him QB1 reps in practice at this point in time. I guess that could be the case. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

At this point, from all of the camp reports and how he looked the other day, they need to give him some run with the 1's. His athleticism alone and what they can do with that makes him a better option than Dalton if you ask me. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

According to Nagy, he said this was always the plan, to give him QB1 reps in practice at this point in time. I guess that could be the case. 

Oh ok. Wonder why he waited to this point and didn't at least mix him in here and there a little before now? Everyone does things different though so.....

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 minute ago, H2o said:

At this point, from all of the camp reports and how he looked the other day, they need to give him some run with the 1's. His athleticism alone and what they can do with that makes him a better option than Dalton if you ask me. 

I think the bears are very concerned about the OL. It’s a complete mess. On one hand, fields is mobile. But he’s not a “running QB” in the sense that he will stand In the pocket and hold the ball. He wants to throw the ball downfield. So they would need to coach him to run when the play breaks down, he does not instinctively want to do that. I have big “RG3” worries there. Whereas dalton gets the ball out fast. 

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Oh ok. Wonder why he waited to this point and didn't at least mix him in here and there a little before now?

He has a process and was sticking to it. He announced dalton would start week 1 awhile ago and hasn’t wavered. With dalton being new to the team as well, he needed a lot of reps too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has a process and was sticking to it. He announced dalton would start week 1 awhile ago and hasn’t wavered. With dalton being new to the team as well, he needed a lot of reps too

Yeah with Dalton new to the team I guess it would have been difficult since he would need many reps as possible as starter. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

Has there been any actual details on Diggs knee injury?  

are they just taking it safe with him or is there an actual issue they have not put out?

No details. Only that McDermott said (when asked) that he does not currently think it is something that would leak into the regular season 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1