U.S. Sprinter Suspended from Olympic Team

The Avenger

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

I TOTALLY get that. But my question is if it is an Olympic thing, or a US Olympic thing. She admitted to being guilty. Good for her on that. I’m just curious about who is responsible for that rule. Also, I heard there may be some flexibility, but is that true? 

Looks like it was the US following the international rules...

Sha'Carri Richardson Accepts Doping Sanction | USADA

Michael Phelps got busted for it too. But his was after an Olympics, iirc.

It’s the timing of this that is the especially sad / stupid part on her end. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I heard say that she might be eligible for a 4x relay race that happens just after the month suspension is over.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I TOTALLY get that. But my question is if it is an Olympic thing, or a US Olympic thing. She admitted to being guilty. Good for her on that. I’m just curious about who is responsible for that rule. Also, I heard there may be some flexibility, but is that true? 

I’d be more apt to punish people who cheat in more performance enhancing ways. This is sad and stupid at the same time. 

Any product with cannabinoids is banned by the world anti-doping agency 

If tested positive after the race 

So basically in competition.. outside of competition, if you could piss clean in competition, it's okay

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.