Bills sign DT Treyvon Hester

10 hours ago, chongli said:

Record for longest post ever, lol? 😁 Thanks for making a well thought-out post, especially from a new poster. Your effort is much appreciated.

Sorry, had read the thread and was trying to sum up what I had read and was thinking, but also thanks, there is no way I'm taking the title from Shaw that easy, especially not when compared to one of his monday after game posts.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Sorry, had read the thread and was trying to sum up what I had read and was thinking, but also thanks, there is no way I'm taking the title from Shaw that easy, especially not when compared to one of his monday after game posts.

Thanks, and thanks for the summary.  It's been an interesting thread, and you pulled it together nicely. 

I learned a lot talking to people in these threads.  Obviously, McDermott isn't telling us what he's thinking, but we can figure some of it out just by talking about what we see on the field and the kinds of personnel choices he and Beane make.  The one-tech discussion and the second corner back discussions, particularly.  

On 5/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, mjt328 said:

1-Tech DT was a problem last year for two reasons:

- Star Lotulelei unexpectedly opted out due to Covid

- Harrison Phillips struggled coming back from his ACL injury

Lotulelei is back this year.  And Phillips has gotten another offseason to recover.  So we are back to the 2019 rotation, which did pretty well.  Not to mention, the D-Line is already overcrowded (mostly at Edge, but many of those guys can kick inside).  You can only keep so many guys at each position group.

I'm just not thinking Beane will make a significant move at this position.

too much hoping there for me.  hoping both star and harry are back in form. 

On 5/20/2021 at 6:23 PM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Correct, but he is a little light in the pants, as they say, for 1-Tech. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Harrison as a good dude, hard worker, great attitude, lots of community outreach, team player, but he doesn't have 1-Tech measurables. 

So, yeah: too many 3's and not enough 1's.

I think it was "Vanderdoes", and I think he also got released, but I may be wrong on that. Haven't checked the most current Bills official depth chart.

You are absolutely correct. In person he's not the widest dude. So I feel like it's a big stretch. I would think he would be good in a 34 de position. I just want a big boy. We don't have any beef. I see rumors of kwann short but whatever. Hes not relevant at all

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks, and thanks for the summary.  It's been an interesting thread, and you pulled it together nicely. 

I learned a lot talking to people in these threads.  Obviously, McDermott isn't telling us what he's thinking, but we can figure some of it out just by talking about what we see on the field and the kinds of personnel choices he and Beane make.  The one-tech discussion and the second corner back discussions, particularly.  

I agree about learning a lot on here, one way or another haha- but seriously though I find it interesting to try and get in the heads of the coaches and gm's and see what works and what doesn't but of course in the end we are guessing but we definitely have a lot of info to base our guesses on so the in between makes it more interesting.

The one tech and cornerback discussions as you so rightly point out are perfect examples this season, where media types and people on the board had both as presumptive needs and in the case of cornerback seemingly big need, but the coaches dont agree so does pass rush solve any problems we might have had and/or Levi is super consistent and they are confident in the development of other guys like Dane.