this is a flat-out lie by donohoe

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how vague is this?

"The Titans entered the picture over the weekend and were willing to give up a draft pick for Henry, but the Bills didn't think it was a high enough pick."

in other words, it reads "Tennessee offered the Bills a late round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills weren't interested."

319267[/snapback]

Would you have traded TH for a 7th?

how vague is this?

"The Titans entered the picture over the weekend and were willing to give up a draft pick for Henry, but the Bills didn't think it was a high enough pick."

in other words, it reads "Tennessee offered the Bills a late round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills weren't interested."

319267[/snapback]

I believe, as has been stated earlier in this thread, that "anything" means "anything worth listening to". A late round pick for Henry? You've got to be kidding. I would've hung up too.

The operative word here is "anything."  I look at it as TD saying "anything" commensurate with the value we place on TH.   

Shades of grey, not B&W.  That's the language of GMs.

319268[/snapback]

perhaps, but he said what he said. to me, a sixth rounder (if that's what it was) ain't nothing. there are good players to be had in that round, ones more valuable than a perpetual headache who probably won't play on the bills in 05.

Jeff Fisher: "Hey Tom, would give us Travis Henry for our 7th round pick in 2007? I mean, who cares that we're in the same conference and are desperate for a running back to take some of the pressure off McNair? Who cares that Travis is a former probowler? We're talking a draft pick baby!"

TD: No. <click>

Fisher (to the media): Donahoe's being unreasonable

Dave McBride: Donahoe's a liar.

:o

The above scenario is about as likely as the conclusions drawn in this thread's initial post. C'mon Dave, you're better than that.

There was no lie. TD just didn't want to give up a Probowler for a 4th round pick. I wouldn't blame him.

The person who screwed up this deal was TH. If Henry had kept his stupid mouth shut, he would have been traded by now. NO.... the other teams knew full well that TH said he would never come back to Buffalo. With that in mind, other teams tried to make TD their B*%ch.

Dear Travis,

Thanks Henry. You screwed yourself and you screwed the Bills. I was afraid that it would happen, but thought your talent would get you out of it. Looks like nobody in the league thinks you have any talent at all, or they would have given a 3rd. But nobody in the league wants your piss-poor attitude. Neither do I.

I'm not sure what the flat-out lie is.

My understanding is that everyone agrees that clear offers were made (TD, Green, Fisher, whomever), but TDs says that the offers were not good enoguh as he is on record saying that he wants at least a 2nd rounder for Henry and he would not give him away.

Are you saying that someone claims to have offered a #2 for Henry and TD turned it down?

Certainly no deal got done, but I do not see anyone lieing about what was offered, just a dispute over how much Henry is worth.

It appears to me that Henry's only option to get the big contract he wants out of FA is to suck-it up and make peace with the Bills and wait for his chance as a back-up.

He is under contract and cannot get FA status by throwing a hissy-fit and sitting out.

Theoretically, he could choose to be a cancer and simply walk through next year on the roster and avoid injury by not playing hard. However, to do this would so undercut his ability to score a big contract as it will give him a second consecutive hear of non-production and would involve him screwing his teammates that this option hurts him and any financial goals.

I hope TD doesn't blink and release him even though some folks want him to be a weeny and do that.

I DONT BLAME DONAHOE FOR SAYING WHAT HE DID. A FOURTH ROUNDER ISNT EVEN WORTH MENTIONING AND HE SHOULDNT HAVE TO ENTERTAIN THESE SHAM OFFERS JUST BECAUSE TRAVIS ISNT HAPPY. POOR TRAVIS. I'M SORRY PLAYING PRO FOOTBALL IN THE NFL IS SUCH A BURDEN FOR HIM.

IF HE WANTED OUT OF BUFF SO BAD HE SHOULDNT HAVE SIGNED THAT CONTRACT TWO YEARS AGO. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A PROBOWL BACK HERE WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE BILLS FOR NEXT YEAR. IF I WAS DONAHOE I'D MAKE HIM COME BACK NEXT YEAR AS THE BACKUP. PUT HIM ON THE ROSTER FOR NEXT YEAR NOW AND END ALL THE BS ALREADY.

MAURICE CLARRETT WENT IN THE THIRD ROUND. THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT DONAHOE MEANT BY 'NOTHING'.

how vague is this?

319267[/snapback]

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you have never worked in a sales or general business environment have you?

how vague is this?

319267[/snapback]

Whats the difference between a 6th round draft pick or getting nothing for TH if you cut him loose in a few months?

NOT MUCH...

I promise you that people would moan and complain even more if TH was traded for camp fodder...

FICKLE FICKLE FICKLE

Would you have traded TH for a 7th?

319275[/snapback]

call me crazy, but yes, i would have. i strongly believe that henry's net impact on the team if he stays will be negative, not positive. simply put, henry is a better player than a seventh rounder, but not for the bills. you just watch: unless he's traded for a player straight up in the next 3 months (which i would of course welcome, and I certainly believe TD has the capability to pull off a good deal), it's going to get really ugly. keeping a guy simply because no one wants to give you what you think the guy is worth should change your assessment of what you think the guy is worth (i.e., that value should spiral downward).

call me crazy, but yes, i would have.  i strongly believe that henry's net impact on the team if he stays will be negative, not positive.  simply put, henry is a better player than a seventh rounder, but not for the bills.  you just watch: unless he's traded for a player straight up in the next 3 months (which i would of course welcome, and I certainly believe TD has the capability to pull off a good deal), it's going to get really ugly.  keeping a guy simply because no one wants to give you what you think the guy is worth should change your assessment of what you think the guy is worth (i.e., that value should spiral downward).

319294[/snapback]

That's a very dangerous precedent to set and sends ENTIRELY the wrong message to players.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you have never worked in a sales or general business environment have you?

319291[/snapback]

sorry if people have a problem criticizing hallowed icons or an inability to see a congenital spinner when they see one.

That's a very dangerous precedent to set and sends ENTIRELY the wrong message to players.

319299[/snapback]

but what's the alternative? keeping a guy who doesn't want to be here and who refuses to perform (as he allegedly did late last season)? i'd rather have a guy who can contribute. moreover, if i was a gm, i'd consider it a lesson learned and steer clear of such players in the future. remember, williams and donohoe expressed outright anger in 01 about the U of TN's failure to disclose Henry's learning disability.

call me crazy, but yes, i would have.

319294[/snapback]

I won't call you crazy, I've seen too many of your posts to think that. But forgive me if this thread makes me awfully glad you're not Bflo's GM! :lol:

EDIT-BRH was a bit quicker on the keyboard than me!

call me crazy, but yes, i would have.  i strongly believe that henry's net impact on the team if he stays will be negative, not positive.  simply put, henry is a better player than a seventh rounder, but not for the bills.  you just watch: unless he's traded for a player straight up in the next 3 months (which i would of course welcome, and I certainly believe TD has the capability to pull off a good deal), it's going to get really ugly.  keeping a guy simply because no one wants to give you what you think the guy is worth should change your assessment of what you think the guy is worth (i.e., that value should spiral downward).

319294[/snapback]

Never give into a players trade demands, as AD said, thats a Very dangerous precedent to set. If TH wants to be a locker room cancer, his teammates will straighten him out and make him see the light.