Who might the Bills take on Thursday? NFL Rumors gives a clue

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their “window” is like 10 years or more. Allen is 24.

One would think so but that’s an assumption that has to cover a lot of without knowing comings, goings, injuries, etc.  Going into this season we can say definitively they have a chance to win it all.   I don’t want Beane to hedge on getting his guy because “value.”  They aren’t playing video games, they’re playing real games.  He should get his guy if he believes they’re a difference maker.

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Who says there has to be a window?  The Patriots were great for 15+ years, and we have our Tom Brady now. I agree that we're likely fine whatever direction McBeane goes in, but it seems that a lot of people have gotten so used to bad/mediocre Bills teams over the years that our current success feels like it has to be a temporary fluke we need to desperately capitalize on by any means necessary.  Plus, didn't Beane already allude to focusing on long term success with our early picks rather than immediate weapons?

Life is what I base windows on.  Things can always change.  I’m not expecting things to go wrong or take a turn for the worse, but I acknowledge that it’s very possible.  So, get it while it’s hot.

The most recent rumor I've hear (on the radio) has Pittsburgh picking Najee Harris at #24,  I can't imagine Buffalo will trade up for him.  I know that Asante Samuel has appeared as a Bills pick in a lot of mocks, but I can't see it.  He's strong for his size, but like so many Bills CBs he's undersized to play onon the outside.  He's mostly seen as a slot cornerback who could play some safety.  That still leaves Buffalo with Levi Wallace on the outside, unless the undersized Dane Jackson or the undersized Samuel wins the starting job.  That still leaves Buffalo vulnerable to big physical receivers.  I think Samuel is faster than what Buffalo has and might not get beat deep as much, but he would leave me a big frustrated as a fan.  Phillips and Oweh seem fairly obvious, though there are risks with both of them.  You're not going to be able to draft Chase Young or Myles Garrett at #30.