'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

It's not slanderous to mock Limbaugh's drug problems.  In poor taste perhaps, but certainly not slanderous.

318436[/snapback]

Except Dean apparently implied Limbaugh's a coke-head. Limbaugh popped prescription meds. That would be slander.

Not that I personally care...Dean and Limbaugh slamming each other is more of a crap-throwing monkey fight than anything I've ever engaged in. Just wanted to point out that, unless it's been proven Limbaugh's done coke, it is slander.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Dean apparently implied Limbaugh's a coke-head.  Limbaugh popped prescription meds.  That would be slander.

Not that I personally care...Dean and Limbaugh slamming each other is more of a crap-throwing monkey fight than anything I've ever engaged in.  Just wanted to point out that, unless it's been proven Limbaugh's done coke, it is slander.

318445[/snapback]

The article I read this AM didn't say exactly what Dean did, but if he implied a coke habit, I stand corrected.

But you're right about the two of them going after each other. It'd actually be pretty fun to sit back and watch - in that car-wreck sort-of-way.

The article I read this AM didn't say exactly what Dean did, but if he implied a coke habit, I stand corrected.

But you're right about the two of them going after each other.  It'd actually be pretty fun to sit back and watch - in that car-wreck sort-of-way.

318455[/snapback]

The truly sad thing is that these two are fairly representative of their parties today (yes, Limbaugh isn't a politician, but I'd consider him representative of the Republicans). Between Dean's recent antics, Frist's pandering, Delay's...just being Delay, and all the other BS these people indulge in the name of "leadership"...why the hell do we let them run the country?

If my behavior was so offensive to you, why do you support it from your leadership? It seems hypocritical to me.

Just another example of the Dems being no different than the Republicans.

318379[/snapback]

I wasn't offended.

I support a Democrat in a leadership position that's finally willing to speak up and fight back. I support leadership that will finally go on the attack. While he may not be the best person to be actually running for political office, I think him going on the offensive (both meanings of the word) isn't such a bad thing, and quite frankly, it is something that has been missing in from the party.

You don't have to like Howard Dean. He isn't the head of your party.

Yeah, because I'm sure Dick Cheney is the first person to use strong language on the floor of the Senate.  <_<

318291[/snapback]

I'd be willing to bet I've been on this planet a bit longer than you, and, no, I can't ever remember an incident like this. I'm sure strong language is spoken alot up there, but I don't ever remember hearing someone in such high office PUBLICLY using such language. Not that I even care all that much. But the point is, somehow you dismiss Cheney's language, and jump all over what Dean said. Let's not forget, Cheney has a position that carries a bit more stature than Dean, so that's why I'd expect him to behave accordingly.

You don't have to like Howard Dean.  He isn't the head of your party.

318563[/snapback]

I don't disagree that the Dems should start going after some of the sleazier GOPs, but the tactics Dean seems to be using could very well backfire on them. Rush can get away with his shtick because while he does represent the GOP to a degree, it's not in an official capacity. Dean, as an official representative of the Dems on the other hand, could cause an implosion of sorts, couldn't he?

I don't disagree that the Dems should start going after some of the sleazier GOPs, but the tactics Dean seems to be using could very well backfire on them.  Rush can get away with his shtick because while he does represent the GOP to a degree, it's not in an official capacity.  Dean, as an official representative of the Dems on the other hand, could cause an implosion of sorts, couldn't he?

318576[/snapback]

We lost the last presidential election. What could backfire? I think now is as good a time as any to go on the offensive. The mid-term elections are far enough away for this to even matter. Time to fire up the troops at the grass-roots level. Start at the local and state level, build momentum, and come at them in 2006.

We lost the last presidential election.  What could backfire?  I think now is as good a time as any to go on the offensive.  The mid-term elections are far enough away for this to even matter.  Time to fire up the troops at the grass-roots level.  Start at the local and state level, build momentum, and come at them in 2006.

318581[/snapback]

You're never going to out scum the republicans.

I'd be willing to bet I've been on this planet a bit longer than you, and, no, I can't ever remember an incident like this.  I'm sure strong language is spoken alot up there, but I don't ever remember hearing someone in such high office PUBLICLY using such language.

So let me get this straight: your outrage at Cheney isn't because he said what he said, but because you heard about it? <_<

But the point is, somehow you dismiss Cheney's language, and jump all over what Dean said.  Let's not forget, Cheney has a position that carries a bit more stature than Dean, so that's why I'd expect him to behave accordingly.

318574[/snapback]

And let's not forget that what Cheney said was in a one-on-one conversation with a senator away from the microphones, and not in public statements. They ARE two different things.

I support a Democrat in a leadership position that's finally willing to speak up and fight back.  I support leadership that will finally go on the attack.

318563[/snapback]

"Speak up and fight back" is one thing. Mudslinging and ad hominem attacks in lieu of discussing actual issues is another.

And I have a feeling the response to that observation is "Well, it worked for the Republicans!" Considering the contempt you hold them in, do you really want your party stooping to that level?

You're never going to out scum the republicans.

318585[/snapback]

We don't have to out-scum them. We just have to push them a little, and get out of the way. Guys like Frist and Delay are pretty close to snapping. They are very close to revealing who they really are, and what they truly represent. "Justice Sunday". Classic.

We don't have to out-scum them.  We just have to push them a little, and get out of the way.  Guys like Frist and Delay are pretty close to snapping.  They are very close to revealing who they really are, and what they truly represent.  "Justice Sunday".  Classic.

318604[/snapback]

I don't see it. Looks to me like more "stepping on our own dicks and hoping it hurts the Republicans." Frist and Delay have always been idiots. Trying to "out idiot" them is the reason the Dummycrats are where they are now.

"Speak up and fight back" is one thing.  Mudslinging and ad hominem attacks in lieu of discussing actual issues is another. 

And I have a feeling the response to that observation is "Well, it worked for the Republicans!"  Considering the contempt you hold them in, do you really want your party stooping to that level?

318599[/snapback]

Did Dean over-step some boundries? Probably. But his job as the DNC chair is to get us motivated. I didn't need it, but some people in our party need to get a fire lit under them. Dean is phenomenal at getting support and building momentum. Let him speak out and be the target for the attacks from the right. Let him take the heat.

Did Dean over-step some boundries?  Probably.  But his job as the DNC chair is to get us motivated.  I didn't need it, but some people in our party need to get a fire lit under them.  Dean is phenomenal at getting support and building momentum.  Let him speak out and be the target for the attacks from the right.  Let him take the heat.

318619[/snapback]

Unfortunately talk like that lights the fire under both parties, just look at this thread. I mean it was started by a die hard Republican. That's why these things can really backfire. Sometimes they fire up the opposition more....."we HAVE to get out and vote, we can't have these people running our country."

Did Dean over-step some boundries?  Probably.  But his job as the DNC chair is to get us motivated.  I didn't need it, but some people in our party need to get a fire lit under them.  Dean is phenomenal at getting support and building momentum.  Let him speak out and be the target for the attacks from the right.  Let him take the heat.

318619[/snapback]

That's a very good counter-argument. I disagree with it (in particular, I think perpetuates if not actually worsens the mudslinging nature of American politics to the detriment of the country), but it's a very good argument. <_<

I wasn't offended.

I support a Democrat in a leadership position that's finally willing to speak up and fight back.  I support leadership that will finally go on the attack.  While he may not be the best person to be actually running for political office, I think him going on the offensive (both meanings of the word) isn't such a bad thing, and quite frankly, it is something that has been missing in from the party.

You don't have to like Howard Dean.  He isn't the head of your party.

318563[/snapback]

Let me ask you this, the base was already fired up this last election. You need to target the moderates and get them on your side. How do you do that when you see the Dem leadership stooping to slanderous attacks?

Those condoning what Dean said like Coli are so clueless its laughable.

Its not about what YOU, the "energized base" thinks.

You animals (and throw Repub. animals in there, too) just LOVE to be fed the "red meat" stuff like this. You dont think its a problem when the head of your party stoops so low as to paint an entire group of people (nice examples of "tolerance" and "understanding of other opinions", BTW) with such a brush. You love it when Al Franken goes on a cuss filled screaming tirdade while John Kerry snickers in the corner. And when Ann Coulter implies that all liberals are retards, so much blood rushes to your dick, you pass out.

ITS ABOUT WHAT "JOE CITIZEN" THINKS.

You know...those "idiots" in middle America and outside of E79th Street and York. You dont think they notice this stuff? How do you think your party looks to "Joe Citizen" when the head of it is on TV acting like this? When Al Franken is getting in fistfights? When John Kerry cusses in interviews to try and be "hip"? All youre doing is turning OFF the swing voters, who make up the majority of the country. Your whining, complaining, and cuss filled tirades show nothing tthat the majority of the country wants to see or hear, or much less vote for. And the day you bring SOMETHING to the table, besides such tripe will be the day people outside of "the base" start listening to AND VOTING FOR you again.