'Evil,' 'Corrupt' and 'Brain-Dead'

Those condoning what Dean said like Coli are so clueless its laughable.

Its not about what YOU, the "energized base" thinks.

You animals (and throw Repub. animals in there, too) just LOVE to be fed the "red meat" stuff like this. You dont think its a problem when the head of your party stoops so low as to paint an entire group of people (nice examples of "tolerance" and "understanding of other opinions", BTW) with such a brush. You love it when Al Franken goes on a cuss filled screaming tirdade while John Kerry snickers in the corner. And when Ann Coulter implies that all liberals are retards, so much blood rushes to your dick, you pass out.

ITS ABOUT WHAT "JOE CITIZEN" THINKS.

You know...those "idiots" in middle America and outside of E79th Street and York. You dont think they notice this stuff? How do you think your party looks to "Joe Citizen" when the head of it is on TV acting like this? When Al Franken is getting in fistfights? When John Kerry cusses in interviews to try and be "hip"? All youre doing is turning OFF the swing voters, who make up the majority of the country. Your whining, complaining, and cuss filled tirades show nothing tthat the majority of the country wants to see or hear, or much less vote for. And the day you bring SOMETHING to the table, besides such tripe will be the day people outside of "the base" start listening to AND VOTING FOR you again.

318923[/snapback]

Well, the Libertarian Party is the fastest growing political party in the country. It is stuff like this that is causing it. Keep it up, guys. Keep digging that hole for yourselves.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say good for Howard Dean.  So he pisses off a few hard-core republicans, and some libertarians, none of whom are going to switch how they vote anytime soon.  You're not his audience.  As the DNC chair, he's merely attempting to fire up the base.  As someone who is part of that base, I'm pretty fired up.  So, good for Howard Dean.  I hope he never shuts up.

318320[/snapback]

hey coli, I understand that dean is trying to fire up his base, that is obvious. My point was...and still is for that matter the dems are currently the party in reverse. They lost the last two elections and they have been slapped around pretty hard in the congressional elections as well. I would think that it should have already become apparant that the policy if ignorant behavior is not working. It did not work for terri mecaulif, so now the dems go nuclear and add this maniac. So again I ask...... who really thinks this is the way for the dem party to attract new voters?

I'd be willing to bet I've been on this planet a bit longer than you, and, no, I can't ever remember an incident like this.  I'm sure strong language is spoken alot up there, but I don't ever remember hearing someone in such high office PUBLICLY using such language.  Not that I even care all that much.  But the point is, somehow you dismiss Cheney's language, and jump all over what Dean said.  Let's not forget, Cheney has a position that carries a bit more stature than Dean, so that's why I'd expect him to behave accordingly.

318574[/snapback]

I think the point that you are missing is this:

Cheney said this to someone in a somewhat private setting. Not that it was right, but it was directed at an individual (who probably deserved it).

Deans remarks are in open forums, and at public appearances: the way he is acting and the things he is saying are outrageous and simply stupid.

Again I contnue to ask the question: is there anyone out there who really thinks this is a good way for the party headed in reverse to attract new voters? I keep hearing that this fires up the base...well in case the folks on the left did not notice...your base is not enough!! To finally win an election you have to attract NEW voters. Is this guy and his tactics the way to do that? After all the MTV crowd did not turn out the way you expected them to, and that is clearly who this frat house crap is geared towards.

Howard Dean is the Chairman of the DNC. Not the Libertarians, not the Greens, not any other party. You don’t have to agree with what he said/did, but from where I stand, he did nothing outrageous. And according to the article, many Dems agree with me.

From the article:

Dean was noted for his candid and often unpredictable comments during his campaign last year. Then, as now, many Democrats said they don't mind the former Vermont governor's bluntness.

"You don't want a wallflower for a party chairman," one Senate Democratic aide said.

Dean is also very good at rallying the party faithful at the local level, internet, fundraising, etc. That is his job as the DNC chair, is it not?

From the article:

Dean's remarks have not attracted much attention in the national media, in part because he has focused largely on local and regional news outlets since taking the party's helm in February.

Howard Dean, no matter what he says or does, will not have any direct influence on “swing” voters, who won’t be voting in significant numbers for another 19 months. He will undoubtedly be a target for the right wing, but who cares. His job right now is to get us moving, get us raising money, get us geared up for local/state elections in preparedness for the mid-term elections. I see nothing wrong with that strategy.

Howard Dean, no matter what he says or does, will not have any direct influence on “swing” voters, who won’t be voting in significant numbers for another 19 months. He will undoubtedly be a target for the right wing, but who cares.

EXHIBIT ONE for why the Democratic Party is losing power.

Yeah...you keep minimizing the swing voters, Middle America and what the "competition" is doing. And then, you can call them all "backwards idiots" again when you get your clock cleaned on Election Day.

Howard Dean is the Chairman of the DNC.  Not the Libertarians, not the Greens, not any other party.  You don’t have to agree with what he said/did, but from where I stand, he did nothing outrageous.  And according to the article, many Dems agree with me.

From the article:

Dean was noted for his candid and often unpredictable comments during his campaign last year. Then, as now, many Democrats said they don't mind the former Vermont governor's bluntness.

"You don't want a wallflower for a party chairman," one Senate Democratic aide said.

Dean is also very good at rallying the party faithful at the local level, internet, fundraising, etc.  That is his job as the DNC chair, is it not?

From the article:

Dean's remarks have not attracted much attention in the national media, in part because he has focused largely on local and regional news outlets since taking the party's helm in February.

Howard Dean, no matter what he says or does, will not have any direct influence on “swing” voters, who won’t be voting in significant numbers for another 19 months.  He will undoubtedly be a target for the right wing, but who cares.  His job right now is to get us moving, get us raising money, get us geared up for local/state elections in preparedness for the mid-term elections.  I see nothing wrong with that strategy.

319052[/snapback]

I guess my point cannot be made any clearer then this. Please don't misunderstand, I do not wish any luck or success on the dem party. I am just interested to see if there is any dem who can explain why this tactic by dean will be an effective one with respect to gaining new voters.

Simple math works like this. The dems are getting beat like a school boys cube steak and they do not seem to be doing anything to attract new voters. They lost the last two elections by widening margins, and they failed to get a majority vote in the two previous presidential elections that they did win. This does not look like a party that has a real clueabout where they are going.

EXHIBIT ONE for why the Democratic Party is losing power.

Yeah...you keep minimizing the swing voters, Middle America and what the "competition" is doing. And then, you can call them all "backwards idiots" again when you get your clock cleaned on Election Day.

319091[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about?

How many “swing” voters will remember in Nov 2006 that Dean offended some republicans in April 2005? Look, if he’s still doing this in Sept 2006, then sure, it’s probably not going to help anyone out. But how many swing voters even care about what Dean says to a small crowd now? It’s just not that big of a deal.

I guess my point cannot be made any clearer then this. Please don't misunderstand, I do not wish any luck or success on the dem party. I am just interested to see if there is any dem who can explain why this tactic by dean will be an effective one with respect to gaining new voters.

319121[/snapback]

I don't feel his job, right now, 19 months before a significant mid-term election, is to get new voters. I'm talking right now...April 2005. He is trying to get people motivated at a local level. The new voters will come, hopefully, when we start getting excitement at the local, then statewide level. Do you not agree that in order to begin to attract new voters, you need to establish some level of motivation on a local level by party faithful?

How many “swing” voters will remember in Nov 2006 that Dean offended some republicans in April 2005? Look, if he’s still doing this in Sept 2006, then sure, it’s probably not going to help anyone out. But how many swing voters even care about what Dean says to a small crowd now? It’s just not that big of a deal.

One word for you...."YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH". How did that little tidbit work out for Dean? True, that was done closer to a major election that what Dean is doing now and had a greater effect that what Dean just said, Ill give you that. But it still doesnt make it right. And be sure that whoever is running the RNC will trot out Dean's comments when we get closer to Election Day, thereby energizing the REPUBLICAN Base probably more than he did his own base.

I don't feel his job, right now, 19 months before a significant mid-term election, is to get new voters.  I'm talking right now...April 2005.  He is trying to get people motivated at a local level.  The new voters will come, hopefully, when we start getting excitement at the local, then statewide level.  Do you not agree that in order to begin to attract new voters, you need to establish some level of motivation on a local level by party faithful?

319130[/snapback]

And I guess that all of these hateful, ignorant, and childish quotes that dean is making now will just all go away in 19 months? Hmm, I guess I have the dems pegged just about perfectly.

good luck :o

With the attention span of the average American, they could just all go away four or five times by then.

319231[/snapback]

My point is, they may go away for a while, but we will hear them re-played over, and over agian come election time. They never go away forever....screaming dean can attst to that. :lol:

I don't feel his job, right now, 19 months before a significant mid-term election, is to get new voters.  I'm talking right now...April 2005.  He is trying to get people motivated at a local level.  The new voters will come, hopefully, when we start getting excitement at the local, then statewide level.  Do you not agree that in order to begin to attract new voters, you need to establish some level of motivation on a local level by party faithful?

319130[/snapback]

You energize them by showing that you stand for something. You energize them by showing that you have a platform and actual solutions instead of "plans."

You don't energize them by acting like a child. This tactic was employed during the last election. It actually turned people off because it showed the Dems to be nothing but bitter, hateful children. If it didn't work during a major election like 2004, then there is no way in hell it is going to energize the base for 2006. You already have the bitter, angry MoveOn.org loonies energized and that is the type of person energized by slanderous statements like Deans. There is no need to energize those people. Focus on the part of the base that is looking for a solution. So far, the Dems have ignored this part and, IMO, it cost them the election last year. Hell, you couldn't even beat an extremely vulnerable candidate. That proves that the bitter angry liberal tactic did nothing more than turn off their base or force them to vote for Bush. Here is a thought: try a new tactic.

Frankly, I love it. It puts the Dems in a deeper hole than they were before.

So, slander is OK as long as it helps the party and energizes the base?

318328[/snapback]

It works for the right.  Like I said.  You're not Dean's audience.

318333[/snapback]

When did the head of the RNC ever "slander" an entire group of people?

I think the point that you are missing is this:

Cheney said this to someone in a somewhat private setting. Not that it was right, but it was directed at an individual (who probably deserved it).

Deans remarks are in open forums, and at public appearances: the way he is acting and the things he is saying are outrageous and simply stupid.

Again I contnue to ask the question: is there anyone out there who really thinks this is a good way for the party headed in reverse to attract new voters? I keep hearing that this fires up the base...well in case the folks on the left did not notice...your base is not enough!! To finally win an election you have to attract NEW voters. Is this guy and his tactics the way to do that? After all the MTV crowd did not turn out the way you expected them to, and that is clearly who this frat house crap is geared towards.

319018[/snapback]

Let me put it to you this way. Someone comes up to you and says you are evil and/or corrupt, and/or brain dead. Or he says F-you. Pick the more egregious statement.

Your guys are trying to use what Dean said to sully his character. Do what you want. But I don't care to hear my VP tell a Senator F-you either. I don't think much of his character for doing that. Has nothing to do with where it was said.

See the difference now?

My point is, they may go away for a while, but we will hear them re-played over, and over agian come election time. They never go away forever....screaming dean can attst to that. :lol:

319351[/snapback]

The idea that this type of stuff will ever go away is bunk. There is this little thing called TAPE that makes sure of that. And Ill bet quite a lot that come election time, the RNC will be reminding EVERYONE what Dean and his crew think of them. Im also sure the RNC will be sure to pull out of tape storage and trot out all the comments made by others on the left classifying swing voters and Middle America as "moronic idiots" after this past election.

Regardless of how simplistic it may be, the message "THEY think youre stupid....we dont....so vote for US." is quite a powerful one.

Frist, I'll let pass for now.

Delay...gee, you mean "God is the highest authority in the justice system" and "The Supreme Court has no right to issue findings on the law" isn't enough?

319397[/snapback]

God IS the highest authority in the justice system. Our entire system is based on God's law.

I do not know the context of "the Supreme Court has no right to issue findings on the law" - on its face, I'd say that does not make sense because it is the Supreme Court's job to make sure our laws do not violate our Constitution. I will say that the Supreme Court should not really make international law or laws of other countries the basis for their decisions on our own laws; but I'm not sure if this was the context at all.

Let me put it to you this way.  Someone comes up to you and says you are evil and/or corrupt, and/or brain dead.  Or he says F-you.  Pick the more egregious statement.

Your guys are trying to use what Dean said to sully his character.  Do what you want.  But I don't care to hear my VP tell a Senator F-you either.  I don't think much of his character for doing that.  Has nothing to do with where it was said. 

See the difference now?

319403[/snapback]

You tell the black man you work with to "!@#$ Off" after he insults you. See what happens.

THEN go around the office and tell everyone else you work with "That dumb ni**er pissed you off, they are all the same" and see what happens.

See the difference now?