Exciting Outlook- The Remaining AFC Defenses......

jethro_tull

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

At this point it's a badge of honor! And certainly he has gotten his revenge this season! It's a testament to how hard someone works to get to their goal, this didn't slow him down in the drill and also in his goals.

The most impressive part of that drill, and most memorable in my view, was his ability to quickly overcome his gaffe and recover perfectly. That says a lot about his mental makeup.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Fify. 

This doesn't get enough recognition. When a player is amazing, has a slump, and is amazing again, it's usually caused by something. This is such an obvious reason. 

Our group had the same discussion post game last night. It's clear to me Josh was injured more than the team let on. Once healed, he went on a tear and is still ripping it up.

If you’re basing things solely on rankings, then the Bills D shouldn’t worry anyone either. That said, As I recall last year, KC’s D was ranked in the bottom half of the league during the season then turned it up during the playoffs.

For me, the main issue going forward is that the remaining teams all have balanced Os while the Bills don’t. It’s easier to come up with a scheme to defend a one-dimensional team. Frazier has his work cut out for him...

14 minutes ago, TPS said:

If you’re basing things solely on rankings, then the Bills D shouldn’t worry anyone either. That said, As I recall last year, KC’s D was ranked in the bottom half of the league during the season then turned it up during the playoffs.

For me, the main issue going forward is that the remaining teams all have balanced Os while the Bills don’t. It’s easier to come up with a scheme to defend a one-dimensional team. Frazier has his work cut out for him...

The Bills have been a pass first team all season. Ask the Rams, Dolphins (x2), Steelers, Colts and Ravens how well their gameplans worked. The Ravens came closest, but were aided by winds in a big way. What makes you think that any D-coordinators will come up with a gameplan better than the top 5 defences in the league did?

On 1/17/2021 at 2:17 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

The Bills have been a pass first team all season. Ask the Rams, Dolphins (x2), Steelers, Colts and Ravens how well their gameplans worked. The Ravens came closest, but were aided by winds in a big way. What makes you think that any D-coordinators will come up with a gameplan better than the top 5 defences in the league did?

My point was that it's a lot easier to game plan when a team is one dimensional, so my focus was on Frazier's job going forward. 

Despite the Bills being one-dimensional in the "traditional" sense, we also have Josh and his running ability, so that does create an added dimension to stopping the Bills. I'd expect to see some designed runs this early in the game, much like against the Colts.

So OP, nice thread.

NFL Regular Season Defenses

Bucs 9th

Chiefs 12th

Packs 14th

Bills 16th

Yards

Bucs 6th

Packers 9th

Bills 15th

Chiefs 17th

Bills Offense

Points 2nd

Yards 2nd

Ill take these odds.  The data is skewed due to earlier in the year.  We’re on fire right now.  

LET’s GO BUFFALO!