Latest from ESPN chat on Travis

VABills

Wolffy: Do you think the Bills will move Travis Henry today? What do you think they could get for him?

Randy Mueller: (11:16 AM ET ) They missed their best chances to trade him becasue they were greedy...I think they will have to make a player for player deal with a team who has not been interested up to now...all three teams rumored to want Henry drafted RB's yesterday...they might be stuck with him or have to deal him at a discount now...

Wolffy: Do you think the Bills will move Travis Henry today? What do you think they could get for him?

Randy Mueller: (11:16 AM ET ) They missed their best chances to trade him becasue they were greedy...I think they will have to make a player for player deal with a team who has not been interested up to now...all three teams rumored to want Henry drafted RB's yesterday...they might be stuck with him or have to deal him at a discount now...

316198[/snapback]

Randy sounds like he is really plugged in. A 3rd rounder is greedy? Try again.

You can view TD as greedy only if you think he viewed dishing TH as a priority and got left holding his schlong. TD was probably more of the mindset of 'If you want him impress me, if not I'll keep him...no biggie."

A backup RB who costs very little and MUST play hard everytime he touches the ball to impress potential suitors? Sign me up. Holding out would severely diminish his chances at a big pay day next year...so tell me again why TD is greedy in not dealing him away for not much?

Screw Randy and all these other pundits. From the get go they have pretty much just wanted Buffalo to give Travis Henry away, first to Arizona and later Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. He has an worth in TD's mind and guess what if nobody meets that worth then he sits his ass on the bench because the Bills own his rights for 2005-2006.

I find it amusing that the majority of people think we had to move Travis..Lets not forget he is quality Nfl proven runningback..Is he perfect? absolutley not..But he has rushed for over 1300 yards 2 times..Been chosen to a Probowl and still in his prime..On top of that he is very affordable..So why do we have to trade him? He never produced any controversy during the season..He worked hard..I would venture to say that all the whining from his camp has just been posturing so he could get traded and sign a more lucrative contract..I think Tom Donahue has played this just like he should. There are no guarantees Willis doesnt get hurt and I cant think of a better more affordable option than Travis..Just my 3 cents worth

Gavin must have a hammer, cause he just hit the nail on the head. If travis was the STARTER and he refused to play for the bills, then i'd have a problem, but the dude is a cheap backup/former starter in a contract year. How again is it so bad if he remained a bill? Don't give me the locker room cancer thing either. He's too stupid to singlehandedly start a locker room controversy.

Jeez good point  :rolleyes:

316228[/snapback]

is it? i don't recall TD hammering away at other GMs when he was doing analyst work. seems as though he was respectful of his peers and didn't publicly call out their moves as 'greedy' or stupid.

You can view TD as greedy only if you think he viewed dishing TH as a priority and got left holding his schlong. TD was probably more of the mindset of 'If you want him impress me, if not I'll keep him...no biggie."

A backup RB who costs very little and MUST play hard everytime he touches the ball to impress potential suitors? Sign me up. Holding out would severely diminish his chances at a big pay day next year...so tell me again why TD is greedy in not dealing him away for not much?

316210[/snapback]

Gavin, Gavin, Gavin.......

Of course he runs hard. He is a good runner. He is bad at everything else! I was at the Arizona game at which the Bills started winning. Getting Travis off the field (and of course putting a complete back on it) was the major reason the Bills started to win football games.

Look at his record as a starter, please. The guy is a loser. I wanted a good pick for him as much as anybody on this board. It was not forthcoming, nor will it be.

Anyway, to answer your question, TD WAS greedy because he should have got rid of this miscreant loser last season when he was probably worth something.

Gavin, Gavin, Gavin.......

Of course he runs hard. He is a good runner. He is bad at everything else! I was at the Arizona game at which the Bills started winning. Getting Travis off the field (and of course putting a complete back on it) was the major reason the Bills started to win football games.

Look at his record as a starter, please. The guy is a loser. I wanted a good pick for him as much as anybody on this board. It was not forthcoming, nor will it be.

Anyway, to answer your question, TD WAS greedy because he should have got rid of this miscreant loser last season when he was probably worth something.

316547[/snapback]

Wait a minute, I thought Bledsoe was the cause of all of our problems for the last 3 years...now you're telling me that Travis Henry contributed as well? Crap! I wish we could just get rid of everyone, and start from scratch...............................

Wait a minute, I thought Bledsoe was the cause of all of our problems for the last 3 years...now you're telling me that Travis Henry contributed as well?  Crap!  I wish we could just get rid of everyone, and start from scratch...............................

316619[/snapback]

>>>Wait a minute, I thought Bledsoe was the cause of all of our problems for the last 3 years...<<<

You got the wrong guy.