Colts Defense almost an exact replica of the 49ers D in terms of Defensive DVOA...

Big Turk

2 hours ago, H2o said:

BBFS, most of us have suffered from it at times. I'll be the first to admit I have. This season has really expelled all of those thoughts. After the Arizona game I expected us to fade. That is the type of thing that would normally kill our year. Instead we run off 6 straight victories, our defense jumps like 12 spots overall in that time, and Josh plays himself into the upper echelon of the MVP conversation. This team got better every week. They showed out in all 4 nationally televised games. Their last 3 games they win by 29, 29, and 30 points. Sunday they went INT, punt, punt on the first 3 possessions, and STILL put up 28 before halftime against the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. Even the backups shredded that Miami team. This is not the Bills of the past quarter century. These guys want to win for each other, they want to win for the coaches, they want to win for the fans, and the city of Buffalo as a whole. This is a team environment and vibe I haven't felt around a Bills squad in my lifetime. Even the 90's Bills, who were absolutely great, didn't have this type of energy around them. I don't think it will be easy per say, but I believe this team is different and I have complete confidence in them right now. 

And yet even agreeing with all of this I’ve been suffering from the syndrome allllll day..... nothing a 12 pack by 10AM Saturday won’t fix 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The Colts were the best matchup out of the 3 wildcard teams. I don't trust Rivers esp in bad weather, the Colts ground game with Taylor is good but it isn't as lethal as the Ravens or Browns, and the Colts defense is suspect in the passing attack. It would be a major disappointment if this game wasn't a comfortable 2 possession lead late.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those guys like Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Hilaire?

20 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those guys like Taylor, Dobbins, Swift and Hilaire?

Not over Diggs/AJ.

I would rather have a modern NFL passing offense than any Replaceable RB.

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not over Diggs/AJ.

I also think Singletary and Moss are pretty capable backs. Both are young and on dirt cheap contracts. The reason this team doesn't run the ball that well is mostly due to how effective the passing attack is. However a strong ground game is there if needed or as a complement.

22 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

The numbers between SF and Indy (esp DVOA wise) are similar, but I don’t feel like the 2 defenses are really very comparable. 

SF defense to me was a much more physical defense lead by some stellar DLine play across the board especially at DE and a very good Middle LB.  Indy is almost the opposite- they have Buckner in the middle as their strength and OLBs to help on the outside.  I think Indy has much less you need to control to beat them.  If you handle Buckner - their defense has a lot of gaps.

Indy has some talent at CB at CB1 and 2, but I don’t think they have the depth SF has and I believe their safeties can be attacked.  Really the only significant passing offense they faced was the Packers and Rodgers put over 300 yards and 4 first half TDs before they did one of their disappearing acts.

I think the Bills have the ability to really attack this defense and force them into some very uncomfortable decisions.  I want to see a lead to force Indy out of their comfort zone and away from Taylor running the ball.  I do like the WRs Indy has, but I don’t love Rivers trying to throw to them - He just makes to many mistakes.

I think this game will play close for parts, but I think the Bills are by far the better team and should be able to pull away as soon as Indy goes into one of their funks.

I would add one thing.  Leonard, their MLB, is the real deal.

6 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not over Diggs/AJ.

The fact is, that it is not a choice between a great passing offense or a good RB.  That is a strawman argument.You can have both.    https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2020/11/28/nfl-rookie-running-back-rankings/     In this article <<==  there are two top 3 RB's taken ahead of Moss, who are major parts of their team's offense and not just an occasional role player. (Robinson and Gibson).  Helaire, Swift, Taylor and Dobbins are also strengths to their teams and get a lot of defensive attention.  We need to get lucky to get a game breaker in the 3rd round (so far we got just okay guys) or need to spend a mid-2nd round pick.   Also remember that rookie RB's, got a late start with learning the pro game and we are just getting to see where they ordinarily would be about a third of the way through the season.

On 1/4/2021 at 1:44 PM, billsfan89 said:

The Colts were the best matchup out of the 3 wildcard teams. I don't trust Rivers esp in bad weather, the Colts ground game with Taylor is good but it isn't as lethal as the Ravens or Browns, and the Colts defense is suspect in the passing attack. It would be a major disappointment if this game wasn't a comfortable 2 possession lead late.

I'm in the same boat.  I wanted Indy or Miami.  Indy is a fine team, but Rivers is...well...Rivers and on defense I'm not sure there is a secondary that can actually stop Diggs-Beasley-Brown-Davis, and if there is, it certainly isn't the Colts secondary.  Their pass defense is the closest thing they have to a hole or really exploitable weakness, which is great for the Bills.  Buckney plugging up the middle and their great performance against the run isn't worth much against a Bills team that doesn't run very much.

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure about major disappointment if we don’t have a 2 possession lead. It’s the playoffs, but I agree they should win going away.... only thing that would be a major disappointment would be a loss. 

The Ravens and Titans would’ve been a real interesting match up......but the Colts they should destroy.

I would be upset if this team with how talented they are and how well they are coached/playing can't have control of a home playoff game in the 4th quarter. I am not disrespecting the Colts, they are a solid team. However if this Bills team wants to get deep into the playoffs they can't let a "good" team hang around.