Publicity stunt

d_wag

why did the bills brass feel the need to march JP out yesterday and "introduce" him as their 1st round selection? so stupid, so silly, so pointless.......

i'm just curious -- when do you suppose their going to march out our 2nd rounder from last year to "introduce" him?

Did that really happen or was it blowhard Berman trying to be funny?

315997[/snapback]

oh, it's all to real.......

"Shortly after 4 p.m., Donahoe and the team's brain trust, including owner Ralph Wilson, emerged from the office with J.P. Losman in tow. You've heard of mock drafts. The Bills held a mock introduction of Losman, Buffalo jersey and all. This was their way of reminding us, yet again, that they did have a first-round pick this season: Losman."

oh, it's all to real.......

"Shortly after 4 p.m., Donahoe and the team's brain trust, including owner Ralph Wilson, emerged from the office with J.P. Losman in tow. You've heard of mock drafts. The Bills held a mock introduction of Losman, Buffalo jersey and all. This was their way of reminding us, yet again, that they did have a first-round pick this season: Losman."

316002[/snapback]

Sounds like they were trying to tell the WNY media STFU we have our first rounder already.

No, it really happened. And it was damn funny.

Wilson: I worked out with our first pick. He threw me some balls. I droped every one.

MM: We like JP because he worked in a pro style offense last year....With the exact same terminology.

TD: JP is a good fit because he worked for an outstanding head coach with a good offense in a good program last season.

Reporters: What was it like when you heard your name called.

No clue what they wanted to accomplish. Me thinks they were bored yesterday and wanted to do something to relieve some stress.

why did the bills brass feel the need to march JP out yesterday and "introduce" him as their 1st round selection? so stupid, so silly, so pointless.......

i'm just curious -- when do you suppose their going to march out our 2nd rounder from last year to "introduce" him?

315993[/snapback]

yawn...

Whats wrong with that? He sure as hell wouldnt have been there at the 20th pick if he were drafted this year. Just a good reminder to all of us who our #1 pick this year was.

Sadly, this is what we have been saying all along. Truth is, Rodgers dropped to #24 and he was the 2nd QB taken.

So unless SF had him (JP) ranked higher than alex smith (who knows)...he would have dropped to us at #20.

The question we need to start asking in the final analysis of this trade is this:

Would you rather have a 2nd round pick in 2004 and Aaron Rogers, or JP Losman and no 2nd round pick.

Its a tough call....But the cards fell with JP, and I am more than happy with that.

This was simply the Plan B - what to do if the mega-blockbuster multiple player three team trade of Travis for the first pick in the draft didn't materialize like so many here speculated.

Don't you remember they did that last year too when they trotted Willis out and had him do squat thrusts in front of the camera to prove his knee was healthy. :D

Sadly, this is what we have been saying all along.  Truth is, Rodgers dropped to #24 and he was the 2nd QB taken. 

So unless SF had him (JP) ranked higher than alex smith (who knows)...he would have dropped to us at #20.

The question we need to start asking in the final analysis of this trade is this:

Would you rather have a 2nd round pick in 2004 and Aaron Rogers, or JP Losman and no 2nd round pick.

Its a tough call....But the cards fell with JP, and I am more than happy with that.

316018[/snapback]

Miami would have probably taken him at #2. I'm not a TD apologist by any means, but Losman is a legitimate prospect. Rodgers is a slouch by comparison and I've been somewhat dumbfounded by his popularity during the draft process. The Pac-10 is a pitch and catch league and you almost have to look at what the guy does when plays break down to judge arm strength, athleticism and plain football ability.

I guess the bottom line though is that Losman is a good QB prospect, not can't-miss, and the fact that he would have been a top ten pick in a weak QB draft doesn't make him any more than what he is. I think the Bills would naturally like to sell this as "look, we got a guy who would have been a #1 overall" which of course alludes to talents like the Mannings, etc.. But it's their job to market the team, and I commend them for a job well done when compared to the "couldn't care less about marketing, winning is the only way to sell tickets" attitude of the John Butler era.

Sadly, this is what we have been saying all along.  Truth is, Rodgers dropped to #24 and he was the 2nd QB taken. 

316018[/snapback]

Also factor in that the JP Losman deal saved capspace vs having the 1st rd pick this year and a 2nd last year. Saving a million here and a million there, pretty soon you're talking real money... :D

316018[/snapback]

Sean Salisbury was on the radio the other day saying that if Losman were in this year's draft he'd have him just behind Alex Smith and ahead of Aaron Rodgers. So once you factor in the extra year of learning time I think it was a hell of a pick.